Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss grout protectors in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

dean jones

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Do such things actually work and prolong the life, whiteness or strength of newly fixed grout. I've done my bathroom - main tiles and mosaic with white BAL microflex and it looks all nice and prisitine. I know it will never look as good once the rough and tumble of regular bathroom use begins, but is there a grout protector that will protect the gleaming white finish and do they actually work?
Any product recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Best thing to do is start with a good grout which you have and be ocd with the cleaning and maintenance. Grout protectors are just impregnators. The good impregnators really do work, Lithofin Stainstop and DryTreat Original are my personal choices. I have travertine down in my hall, grouted with limestone Maxigrout about 7 years ago. Apart from maybe being a shade darker the grout and stone clean up lovely. I know LTP do a spray grout protector but cannot comment on its effectiveness as I've never used it sorry.

OP
O

One Day

Universeal Rapid-all-in-one. It's the same as their spray on grout protector but in a bottle so you can literally paint it on the joints. It's the most effective I've used, but you have to top it up regularly to keep it working. (like all of them)

Reply to grout protectors in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock