Discuss Grout problem in shower area in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Yeah I rubbed mine with my finger and water this morning and is rock solid. Im really sorry to hear about your situation fella. Fingers crossed Bal does the right thing.

D

Dumbo

If it is a mixing problem grout or adhesive shouldn't be made to work within such fine tolerances . Some people prefer their grout and adhesive wetter some prefer it drier . It should be more user friendly .

J

Jon B

I chased the BAL technical rep monday morning, 2 weeks since the visit to take samples. He said he was going to the office that day and would see where they were with the testing and report and phone me back. He didn't phone me. Tuesday morning I phoned him and he said he had been instructed by his office not to discuss the case with me, saying I should hopefully have an answer by the end of the day. So far nothing. Not sure how to take this. Will have to wait for the report. I will phone Topps at some point as the complaint is officially through them.

D

Dumbo

It's nice to see they are dealing with a problem so quickly and t that they are communicating fully with you and answering your queries promptly .

I

Italy

I chased the BAL technical rep monday morning, 2 weeks since the visit to take samples. He said he was going to the office that day and would see where they were with the testing and report and phone me back. He didn't phone me. Tuesday morning I phoned him and he said he had been instructed by his office not to discuss the case with me, saying I should hopefully have an answer by the end of the day. So far nothing. Not sure how to take this. Will have to wait for the report. I will phone Topps at some point as the complaint is officially through them.
normal for the technical, can not argue with you.
Your reference point remains topps.
just annoying all this waiting, when you already know the answer to give you.

J

Jon B

Well surprise surprise. BAL have come back with an offer of £400 + grout towards re-grouting the bathroom as a courtesy without admission of liability. However, they have not told me the result of the tests on the samples they took. What do you Tilers make of that?!

H

hmtiling

Well surprise surprise. BAL have come back with an offer of £400 + grout towards re-grouting the bathroom as a courtesy without admission of liability. However, they have not told me the result of the tests on the samples they took. What do you Tilers make of that?!
They have most definitely had a ropey batch! Any money screams liability to me, but i'm a cynical swine.

O

One Day

I can't see you (or any other small company) getting admissions of liability from them. Although the goodwill gesture may indicate a batch problem!
Only a major court case would win admission and then before that you would need to have your own very expensive independent testing done.
They won't share lab reports with you, that's for sure.
Take the money or even press a bit for more if the job will take more than a couple of days.
I'd want 200 a day thank you very much!

O

One Day

BAL is a great company and they helped me out with a problem may years ago, to my satisfaction.
BAL and TileMaster are the only two companies I have had such assistance from.

J

Jon B

Thanks for all your support. It will take more than 2 days if I have to re-grout the whole room. It has been suggested that I just do the wet area but the floor will also need doing and then I will always know the rest is not right. So I will probably do the whole lot in stages. I will press Topps for more.

Reply to Grout problem in shower area in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks