Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grinder Blade for Mitre Tiles - How to mitre tiles using a grinder - freehand mitred tiles in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Need to do a couple of external mitre cuts and my wet saw aint the best... so want to grind away the biscuit on ceramic tile without touching the glaze.

What blade would i use for this, a normal tile diamond cutting blade or some sort of grinding blade? Any particular brand?

Cheers all.

O

Old Mod

If they're only ceramics, use your normal grinder blade to cut away the meat of the tile underneath, then you can use a low grit carborundum or diamond pad stuck to a grinder backing pad to polish the rest away.
Here's three examples from @Pro Tiler Tools

As it's ceramic, you may find 200# more suited than the courser 50# depends how light your touch is.

GRINDER BACKING PAD

50# DIAMOND PAD

200# DIAMOND PAD

F

Flintstone

Wheeyyyy. Why no mention of it before when talking about flex and all them £200 machines!

T

Tile Shop

I just looked at that on Bosch's website. Either its really small, or the guy doing the demo has big hands!

O

Old Mod

I saw one for the first time at the sigma stand Wednesday, didn't know they existed.
Lovely machine to use, and perfect size.
I've already bought mine, so you can fight over the rest haha
Only available from @Pro Tiler Tools
(Northants tools) :):thumbsup:

J

J Sid

Marc. Marc. Marc you really shouldn't be telling others about things like that without telling me first. I upset you :(

Reply to Grinder Blade for Mitre Tiles - How to mitre tiles using a grinder - freehand mitred tiles in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock