Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grinder Blade for Mitre Tiles - How to mitre tiles using a grinder - freehand mitred tiles in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
spoke to my tool suppliers today to see if than can beat that price. Did some ring about to Bosch UK and got told it's not something they sell in this country and must be an import.
Exactly how cheap can it get? :)
I've been told, although I've not looked, Screwfix do a cheaper one, one of cheaper brands :D

J

J Sid

Exactly how cheap can it get? :)
I've been told, although I've not looked, Screwfix do a cheaper one, one of cheaper brands :D
was more out of interest then finding it cheaper. Yes a great price and will be getting one or maybe two if it's good. If @antonio says its good I'm not one to disagree.
hope @protilertools has bought a few before we get import duty on eu products

J

J Sid

been using the Makita this week and ok for bull nosing etc. but heavy for light sanding and polishing.
I'll order one this evening . Thanks marc

I

Italy

then, my gws 715e . Italian bought online store, the same product, it costs the same in the physical store, in my city. (Of course they are offered at time).
the normal 715, taken from the Spanish online store.
but also seen less Italian online.

I

Italy

the book of instructions is also written in Italian.
therefore. I think they are all the same.

C

Concrete guy

That Bosch variable looks like a good bit of kit for Tilers as it's an occasional tool for your kit, so it's ideal for controlled cutting and shaping and a bit of polishing.

The only reason to have a 125mm machine like the Makita or Flex is for a more powerful motor for more torque if you were constantly surface polishing or shaping thicker products (say 30mm or so).

O

Old Mod

That Bosch variable looks like a good bit of kit for Tilers as it's an occasional tool for your kit, so it's ideal for controlled cutting and shaping and a bit of polishing.

The only reason to have a 125mm machine like the Makita or Flex is for a more powerful motor for more torque if you were constantly surface polishing or shaping thicker products (say 30mm or so).
I like my Flex, wouldn't be without it, incredible amount of grunt.
But the Bosch is perfect for mitres on thin or regular porcelain.
Wouldn't try surface polishing with it, as you say.
But with a speed range of 0-11000 it's very useful.

T

Tile Shop

So as a tiler in training, a friend of mine has let me loose on their kitchen walls for a practice. Its not their house, just a rental the need finished by next weekend.

I tried mitres on my own kitchen.... ended up trimming it cuz the results were not great. Thinking the worst i loaded up some trims but thought "mitres on these might be worth a shot". I did a few sample pieces to show them. Had a look at the @3_fall video and gave it a go. Now, with my £22 grinder having developed a slight vibration or wobble, and without the correct polishing gear and only a 60 hand pad, i'm quite pleased. They are too. I'm not going to proclaim that i have it down to a fine art, but i've set my starting block and have something to work and build upon.

Because they are not quite consistent i have left had to leave a small grout joint in them. So hoping it will look better when finished.

20170625_100020.jpg

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
While mitred externals can look good i always advise my customers to use quality metal trims on ceramics and porcelain , one of the main reason being it protects the tile edge against chipping or fractures , not against anyone doing so , its just my prefered option ..

T

Time's Ran Out

While mitred externals can look good i always advise my customers to use quality metal trims on ceramics and porcelain , one of the main reason being it protects the tile edge against chipping or fractures , not against anyone doing so , its just my prefered option ..
Especially on sink window cills!!

F

Flintstone

My Bosch variable should be arriving tomorrow from pro tiler tools, finally got round to it. Would you mitre wizards recommend the diamond pads over the sait pads? For performance and value for money ? Or diamond for porcelain, sait for stone polishing?

Reply to Grinder Blade for Mitre Tiles - How to mitre tiles using a grinder - freehand mitred tiles in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock