Discuss Got me a fein, my review. :) in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

quackfly

Well i bit the bullet and got a Fein Multimaster:) The first thing that strikes you as soon as you get the tool, even before you open the carry case is the carry case itself, its made of solid industrial grade plastic and gives the impression that what you have is a quality piece of kit. The tool itself is equally as good quality it it rock solid in ur hand and instantly you know you've invested in a tool that will serve you for years. I cant enphasize that enough, obviously we all work within our budget and sometimes the regulars on this forum sneer at questions asking for advice on where to buy cheap tools, its easy to forget we all start at the bottom where every penny counts.
That said, i would say to anyone who who is unsure of the benifits of the Fein versus the Bosch for example, if you can afford it go with the fein, I've used the Bosch and i would class that as a 'serious DIY'er' tool whereas the Fein is definitely professional grade. Anyway i took it for a trial run on some cheap 6x6 tiles that were for coming down, i wanted to know what to expect before i used it on a paid job, theres practically no vibration to speak of and no kick back on contact which means you can use the tool with great accuracy. the grout came out like a dream and i could even run it back and forward against the grout that was left on either side of my first run. What i was most concerned about was what would happen to the tiles in the event of occasional contact with the blade and the answer is pretty much nothing, i removed the grout right up to the tiles and deliberately gave the occasional brush against the tile with the circular blade and the tiles were undamaged. Obviously this is best avoided on a customers expensive tiles of course!! :)
Anyway we all hate re grouting jobs and to be honest they really are a nightmare but with a pro tool like the Fein and a healthy day rate charge lol it becomes a lot more practical and doable. So change your ads and offer a re-grouting service, make it earn its keep!! lol
So, if you're considering getting one of these type tools and money is an issue, buy a dozen beers, sit in friday and saturday nite, keep out of the boozer and hey presto! you can go the extra mile and get the Fein! :)
I hope you find this useful lads :) :)
Oh one last thing, shop around, there's some good kits available out there. We're not sheep and dont need to be herded into one shop no matter how much he pays for sponsership! Ahem. ;-)

Reaction score
Well i bit the bullet and got a Fein Multimaster:) The first thing that strikes you as soon as you get the tool, even before you open the carry case is the carry case itself, its made of solid industrial grade plastic and gives the impression that what you have is a quality piece of kit. The tool itself is equally as good quality it it rock solid in ur hand and instantly you know you've invested in a tool that will serve you for years. I cant enphasize that enough, obviously we all work within our budget and sometimes the regulars on this forum sneer at questions asking for advice on where to buy cheap tools, its easy to forget we all start at the bottom where every penny counts.
That said, i would say to anyone who who is unsure of the benifits of the Fein versus the Bosch for example, if you can afford it go with the fein, I've used the Bosch and i would class that as a 'serious DIY'er' tool whereas the Fein is definitely professional grade. Anyway i took it for a trial run on some cheap 6x6 tiles that were for coming down, i wanted to know what to expect before i used it on a paid job, theres practically no vibration to speak of and no kick back on contact which means you can use the tool with great accuracy. the grout came out like a dream and i could even run it back and forward against the grout that was left on either side of my first run. What i was most concerned about was what would happen to the tiles in the event of occasional contact with the blade and the answer is pretty much nothing, i removed the grout right up to the tiles and deliberately gave the occasional brush against the tile with the circular blade and the tiles were undamaged. Obviously this is best avoided on a customers expensive tiles of course!! :)
Anyway we all hate re grouting jobs and to be honest they really are a nightmare but with a pro tool like the Fein and a healthy day rate charge lol it becomes a lot more practical and doable. So change your ads and offer a re-grouting service, make it earn its keep!! lol
So, if you're considering getting one of these type tools and money is an issue, buy a dozen beers, sit in friday and saturday nite, keep out of the boozer and hey presto! you can go the extra mile and get the Fein! :)
I hope you find this useful lads :) :)
Oh one last thing, shop around, there's some good kits available out there. We're not sheep and dont need to be herded into one shop no matter how much he pays for sponsership! Ahem. ;-)
Nice one mate:thumbsup:

I've had mine for nearly 15 years now:yikes:and it's still going strong, although the switch sticks on every now and again and I need to switch it off at the socket:mad2:

Will upgrade to the newer quick release/variable speed model one day:drool5:

D

doug boardley

I've got a blue bosch ( certainly professional grade!) cordless one, I wonder now how I ever managed without it, but at £200+ quid (including a small kitchen fitters drill) you find jobs for it:smilewinkgrin:

D

Dan s

Top tool and I've had mine seven years, its been used almost daily and a few hundred sqm of regrouts and still keeps going , it paid for itself years ago :thumbsup:
Are Fein doing a 'cordless' version these days??
Yeah they do two 14/18 v D and M tools have it at 299/549

D

Dan s

Saxton blades are the best value by far Darren I rate the diamond grout removal ones I paid about 13 quid each super quick delivery too

Reaction score
Great tool the Fein - I also use the diamond blades from Saxton too. I also use mine for cutting metal trims as it gives a really neat and quick cut ( with a metal cutting blade on of course!) One thing I like about it is the 5 metre long cable it comes with - very sensible

August 15 263.jpg

S

StevieBoy

Lol Aldi are doing one at the moment for £19.99.

These things are ok for cutting architrave bottoms and doorframes and that's about it.

Re-grouting jobs maybe - but c'mon, who wants to do regrouts in all honesty?

O

On one

I've had a Fein and an Aldi special for many years and have come across very few grouts that can be removed swiftly and easily. Most blades just seem to polish the grout and risk nicking a tile.
As above good for cutting the bottom of backmoulds.

Reply to Got me a fein, my review. :) in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks