Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
ah... well the installer... that'll be me... best pick a really good brand and buy lots and lots of sealant....

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
just had a look at the aqua4ma and looks like an easy fit but i don't like systems without any sub-tile water escape or weep holes.
I know it says its self sealing but I am not sure yet I trust a system that you put screws through into the floor. I do like the steel tray under the former though. On balance I think it will probably be a wedi type system I go with. Got the whole sub structure to build so will probably take a load of pics as I go and will undoubtedly need more advice as I go....

M

Mike ramsdale

We built a troth in the showroom using aqua4ma to display some working shower heads we left the aqua4ma exposed we leave it full with half a metre
Of water from the bottom.

L

lmkitchens

The impey 2d linear tray looks simple to use, went on a training day and thought it would be what I will spec in future. No more envelope cuts!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I quite like impey too and used to like using the novellini linear trap ones as I think they look better than envelope cutting. Think novellini formers are now foam core though. Also,I like using water guard membranes.

I like the Novellini linear trays as well. No messing about with envelope cuts as you say

O

One Day

Schluter or Wedi.
The main reason? No weaknesses in connecting the drain assemblies.
Schluter's drain assemblies are made by them - for their trays and integrated and waterproofed at the factory.
Wedi's can only work loose if you fail to support the base properly.

Looking at the other systems (and having used most) the weaknesses are in the drain assembly.
Also inadequate falls, non-waterproof materials, reliance on additional waterproofing....

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm going to use mosaics on the floor so no nasty envelope cuts for me. The walls will be probably nuance board from Bushboard. I know several friends who have wet rooms using those on the walls and they look good and will save me time on tile. Not yet sure what to o on the ceiling. Its probably the most awkwardly difficult bathroom to design as it is in a Saltbox roof arrangement on an old cottage. I have to beef up the floor and build a stud wall then replumb the whole lot as I go.... still it means I don't waste time in the pub...

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wedi's drain assemblies need to be boxed in and encased in sand/cement. No way they're moving!
Like the sound of the Schluter integrated system - less faffing but more ÂŁÂŁss

O

One Day

Wedi also make a foam insert which takes the place of sand and cement the drain. Saves loads of time and mess too.

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I don't think I can sand cement it in.... not sure the floor will take the weight...

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Needs about 5kg mortar

Q

Qwerty

The walls will be probably nuance board from Bushboard. I know several friends who have wet rooms using those on the walls and they look good and will save me time on tile.

Fitting a disabled wet room this week using Bushboard Nuance boards (white quartz). Used them quite a bit now. Will post some pics tomorrow.
Any advice on cutting, fitting etc just ask.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If your using mosaic on a wedi tray. They can't be less than 50mm! Too much point load on a foam tray with anything less.
Use a linear drain and envelope cut. You will also have a flat face to cut your nuance boards to.

Q

Qwerty

This is the disabled wetroom I completed today using the Nuance boards....

20160901_183818.jpg
20160901_183754.jpg
20160901_183750.jpg
20160901_183815.jpg

This was before!!....

20160825_163157.jpg

20160825_163212.jpg

Reply to Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock