Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Whats the best wetroom system on the market. I've looked at a few and the easiest seems to be the wedi system. Any other suggestions.

Also where's the best place to buy?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes, wedi is good and easy to install. But it's not the cheapest, there's lots of others that are as good, but cheaper. Like marmox, eps etc CTD do insulation board of various thicknesses at a good price.
You could use a wedi tray and then use CTD insulation boards on the walls and floor. Then tape all joints and tank with ardex wp.
Aqua4ma is very good to fit and required no tanking, but not cheap.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No more ply have a system now. Looked good and the price was very reasonable.

O

One Day

Schluter for me is no.1 with Wedi a close 2nd.

I'm losing confidence in CTD boards after this:
20160824_144542.jpg

I'm not suggesting they would fail, but the softening of the cement face after just 30 secs is worrying.

As far as trays Alan, the easiest I have used are shluter's linear ones.

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
looked at the aqua4m system as the tile supplier I am using sells it. not cheap though...

H

hmtiling

I quite like impey too and used to like using the novellini linear trap ones as I think they look better than envelope cutting. Think novellini formers are now foam core though. Also,I like using water guard membranes.

A

Aston

i always recommend impey, great company to deal with.
wedi are excellent too, never used fitted schluter as yet so I can't comment although judging by the replies kudos aqua4ma has given me something to think about for future installs.

ps, whatever brand you go for, make sure the installer is as good as the manufacturer ;0)

Reply to Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock