Discuss glass tiles what notch trowel size in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mike s

Hi I've a full shower enclosure 1200 x 900 floor to ceiling
its to be completely done in 100 x 100 glass tiles they,re 8mm thick and individual not on a back mesh
just wanting to confirm what size notch trowel id use i think a mosaic trowel will be too little adhesive .
so was thinking of using a 6mm trowel.
has anyone any advice ?
im doing it tomorrow!!

O

One Day

totally depends on the needs of the wall.
Ideally, if the wall is sound then a 6mm would do.
In the really-real world though I normally find an 8mm or even a 10mm is needed.
Important: check your adhesive is suitable for the tiles. Quite often glass tiles will have a coloured backer which can be affected by certain adhesives.

M

mike s

thanks impish for the reply
yes they're back painted and going onto a no more ply backer board on all the walls
was going to use white benfer flex fast set or leader flex

O

One Day

thanks impish for the reply
yes they're back painted and going onto a no more ply backer board on all the walls
was going to use white benfer flex fast set or leader flex

You're welcome!
Sorry I can't say what is suitable.
Check with the tile manufacturer or retailer - and get it in writing.
Seriously - it's important!

O

Old Mod

Imps quite correct.
Original style normally recommend Keraquick with latex plus for their glass tiles.
You poor thing. Haha
Glass is very sensitive, as is the backing, you must get it right.

Reply to glass tiles what notch trowel size in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks