Discuss Gap between shower tray and plastered wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Duckytech

Hi there,

Looking for help in how to fill a gap between my shower tray and the plastered wall. The tray is lying below the finished plastered wall in one section and as a result there is a gap in one section.

My plumber fitted classi seal to tray and put tray into position. Athough the classi seal is flat against most of wall there is this one area where the seal is below the finished plaster.

I intend to waterproof/ tank both shower area and bath area.

Is there anything I can use to build out this area under the plaster, behind the classi seal, in order to have a flat surface for the classi seal to sit against? I think it's too thick (approx 10mm) for plaster skim and not sure about bonding it out. Maybe flexible tile adhesive?

I have attached a photo to help explain.

Also, as a side note, do I overlap the tanking tape onto the classi seal in order to adhere the classi seal to the wall? Then apply membrane coats x2? Or would I just use the membrane and seal over the classi seal?

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Duckytech

1479668065445-361752959.jpg

W

White Room

Get yourself some rapid tile adhesive, it may take a couple of layers as putting on 10mm thickness in one go may cause it to flow down the wall.

Reply to Gap between shower tray and plastered wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks