Discuss free to good home - Weber self levelling compound in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cornish_crofter

I've got about 5 bags of this that has been dry stored for a few months. It was given to me to get me over a problem of weber's creation - long story. I didn't need as much as I thought I did to sort the mess out, and no one (weber or retailer) wanted them back.

They're here in Cornwall if anyone is interested. I'm not getting any floor tiling jobs at the moment so it seems a shame not to see them used. They should still be OK. They've not gone hard etc.

C

cornish_crofter

Things are good thanks. Not getting a huge amount of tiling work, but I have plenty of other work to keep me busy. As you know I turn my hand to a lot of things.

I did tile a bathroom not that long ago. The job was part of a larger refurb. The job involved removing 6 inch square white tiles and putting up.... yup 6 inch white tiles in their place! lol. The old ones had cracked I suspect due to a non flexible addy being used. The customer liked her bathroom but knew it was getting long in the tooth. She wanted the same again, which was fair enough.

I remembered some of the issues I had with the last tiling job and spent a bit of time levelling out walls, apart from one which was very visibly curved, nothing I could do. It curved into the room as it went near the ceiling, but, guess what, I managed to keep the grout lines matched with the straight wall coming in at right angles, by playing with the spacing for the last few rows on both walls.

Boxing it in wasn't an option. That would have affected the bath. That's the great thing with these Cornish cottages, nothing is ever square or straight, and although I can take most curves out, that one was a curve too far.

I'm back to do some more work for them in the near future, a couple of windows and a bit of building work. I also replaced the bathroom window for them and tiled up to it on 3 sides.

I've got another couple of tiling jobs in the pipeline for the new year. One kitchen wall only and one bedroom sink splashback/panel behind the sink. There is other work there involving fitting the sink etc.

Other than that we are making good progress with our house. The tiling in the conservatory is done and we're now working aroung the rooms in the house refurmishing them. We had a rather uncomfortable few weeks sleeping in our conservatory whilst our bedroom was being moved and refurbished. But that is over now.

Reply to free to good home - Weber self levelling compound in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks