Discuss Forum lay out in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Get rid of all them sticky threads as well, there a pest

What's different? And which sticky threads annoy you? Which forum category?

We're a forum for the masses and I check stats when I tweak things to see how they improve overall (or not sometimes). If you have suggestions stick them in the feedback forum and we'll take them on board. But if I listen to everybody, nothing gets improved. We would need a version of the forum customised to every single person and that just isn't possible.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm now using my phone on landscape and still not getting on with site.

What's your actual problem with it? I'll see if there's an issue or something if you give me more info and stick the beer down lol

H

hmtiling

What's your actual problem with it? I'll see if there's an issue or something if you give me more info and stick the beer down lol
Actually not drinking tonight Dan as working in the morning:(
So, clicking on new posts I get, what seems to me, no chronological order.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The times shown are when the thread was created. The order of them is the one with the newest post for you is top (different order for everybody because they would have viewed the threads originally in order they personally viewed them). That has always been the case, but previous the (useless info) time of the last post was shown.

O

Old Mod

The time of the last post is under title in left corner Harry.
They're in chronological order of being posted.
The time and date at top is when thread was created and by whom.
image.jpeg

H

hmtiling

The times shown are when the thread was created. The order of them is the one with the newest post for you is top (different order for everybody because they would have viewed the threads originally in order they personally viewed them). That has always been the case, but previous the (useless info) time of the last post was shown.
I feel I've been a little slow there.
I did prefer it the other way though.;)

O

Old Mod

I don't get time of last post on my phone, whether using it landscape or profile.
I know,I know,I need a better phone!
Haha oh Harry :(
It's a good job a didn't post my last answer to your previous post is all I can say! Hahaha
Do you use a tablet or laptop Harry?
Do you have something to compare your phone with?

H

hmtiling

Haha oh Harry :(
It's a good job a didn't post my last answer to your previous post is all I can say! Hahaha
Do you use a tablet or laptop Harry?
Do you have something to compare your phone with?
I'll have a go on the laptop tomorrow. It's been a long week for me and my little brain can't take the change this quickly!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't get time of last post on my phone, whether using it landscape or profile.
I know,I know,I need a better phone!
That info is useless. If the thread is shown in the new posts page, it has new posts. If it doesn't have new posts it wouldn't be shown there. You'd have to navigate to the forum category it was posted in to find it etc

That has always been the case. Except it used to show the time of the last post. But its unless info, as if it is on that page in the first place it has a new post. What does it matter what time it was posted?

We don't answer threads between 4-6pm or whatever. If they have new posts we tend to check them. End of.

Reply to Forum lay out in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks