Discuss Floors dropping after a while in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

has anyone had a call back about silicone coming away around shower or wall to floor joint?
I've been to re silicone today a job i finished in December and the floor has dropped about 5mm, he's had a bit of an extension and some building works, I've seen this problem a few times, anyone else had it ? No real easy fix apart from re seal with a thicker bead

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have had it before, amazingly where the floor joist on a new build meet the wall. Especially when they are the lightweight joists with the metal braces.

D

Dumbo

Had it before on new build I think it's where the joists shrink as they dry out .
I've got lightweight joists in my house had no issue with those .

B

Blunt Tool

Yes can around tray agree, but always test tray to make sure solid and no movement, best you can do.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As a finishing trade we suffer when builders leave houses open to elements too long when nocking them up.

There are a row of 3 or 4 new houses round here built by a smallish building co you come and go around other jobs and they've been open to the elements for at least a year before they got round to putting the roof tiles on, all the moisture will take ages to dry out.

O

On one

I've had a couple of times where the shower tray(on legs) has moved/dropped and I've gone back and resealed.
I never quibbled, just resealed it and moved on

O

One Day

Yes, often. On a possible "dropper" I try to remember to tile walls first then the floor. Avoids any major gap.
My worst recent one dropped 10mm. I used keba and all schluter loveliness so no risk of breaks in the waterproofing... tmp_22295-20161202_1146081107722083.jpg

Reply to Floors dropping after a while in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks