Discuss Floor tiling directly onto retrofit wet UFH overboard. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Sandy737

Floor tiling directly onto retrofit wet UFH overboard.

Eg. Cellecta HiDeck 18, Polypipe Overlay, WundaTrade EPS 400

They are designed to go onto existing concrete and can take stone tiles without any screed, or so they claim.

Anyone had experience of floor tiling directly onto these type of boards.

Particularly interested to hear if anyone has any personal experience.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
J

J Sid

that's the one with the aluminum on it i believe.

I know a company which used to sell it but stopped because after testing it found the week point was the bond between the board and aluminum failed.

I also understand you will need to fix tiles with a bottle and bag mix of adhesive.
I have used it once on a small floor, 8m2 and stuck Ditra on top with a two part addy then tiled as normal , no comebacks after 3 years.

I personally wouldn't use it as there are others on the market which I believe are better and safer.

S

Sandy737

Hi Julian. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.:)

So far, these are the only 3 I have found that claim to take stone/ceramic tiles direct.

Cellecta HiDeck 18 £30.00/m2
Polypipe Overlay £22.00/n2
WundaTrade EPS 400 £17.00/m2

Do you know any others?

N

NZ_Tiler

I
Hi Julian. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.:)

So far, these are the only 3 I have found that claim to take stone/ceramic tiles direct.

Cellecta HiDeck 18 £30.00/m2
Polypipe Overlay £22.00/n2
WundaTrade EPS 400 £17.00/m2

Do you know any others?
I had a similar job come up recently.

The manufacturer was john guest speedfit. A tf member on here recommend their gypsum type for tiling direct to.

T

Tile Shop

I'm still dubious about these systems being safe to tile onto. They make claims that it can be tiled, but you won't find a manufacturer that will guarantee their products on them.

But if you haven't purchased it yet, have a look at the full Wundafloor system. This is the only system I am aware of that has been fully tested by an adhesive manufacturer and deemed suitable for direct tiling. Mapei have done a full spec of adhesive (either Elastorapid, or the Kerabond T with the Isolastic additive) and fixing methods, so if anything was to happen in the future you would at least have somewhere to lay blame. A luxury you wouldn't have with an untested system.

S

Sandy737

Just spoken to Mapei, Paul C, you are quite correct. They do indeed have a recommended solution using their products directly onto the WundaTrade EPS 400 Overfloor Board. Mapei Tech help guy told me they have successfully tested the boards.

So, I’m reassured, and a happy :rabbitface: bunny, as WundaTrade Boards are almost half the price of the Cellecta boards.:)

J

J Sid

as I've said before, stick to a aluminium isn't the issue it is the bond of aluminium to board which I am reliably told is the weak point and point of failure.
also I'd keep an eye on how they are fix to the subfloor.

Reply to Floor tiling directly onto retrofit wet UFH overboard. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks