Discuss Floating floor will you or won't you in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

baht'at

Just a question for those that have tiled on this type of flooring did any of them have matting UFH if so what did you use to cover the matting prior to tiling.

B

baht'at

My thoughts were the same but just asking as there might have been some thing else I was unaware of and more suitable in this instance

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
We did a 75m2 floating floor with 1200x600 tiles over a year ago ,but drilled throw into the concrete and fixed the chipboard down with Hilti fixings and overlayed with NMP boards,there weren't any pipes or cables below so no problems...

O

On one

In certain circumstances I have tiled on floating floors, but in this instance it would be a no from me.

B

baht'at

Thought I had posted this earlier hadn't.

Information for any one considering tiling on floating floors .
Have just found out No More Ply now manufacture a flooring board 22mm thick and 2400 x 500 in size with a tounge and grove which would need glueing.
This should be ridged enough for the job and could save time and money as won't need the chip board overboarding and will take UFH mats

B

baht'at

I have also posted the above information as a new thread just sso it was visible to those who might not have looked at this thread and may not be aware this product was available.

It was suggested yesterday by Chalker that Fermacell products could be suitable in this instance, and it was checking with with local suppliers in Leeds and Bradford for Fermacel's 2E11 boards I was made aware of the No More Ply version.

Having read through the Fermacell "Dry Flooring" installation instructions,unfortunately there is no guidance to tiling over their product.
From their information their system seems to have been designed for use with water based UFH systems as does state not suitable for use with cable UFH systems, but it's not clear if they mean above or below the boards.( another phone call to make )
As most will use the Cement based boards when cable (matting) UFH is installed over wooden floors the No More Ply version does seem a better option .

Reply to Floating floor will you or won't you in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks