Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Fixing shelves, accessories etc to or through tile? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

DaveM

Please checkout the following advertisement.
tile is finished and grouted and I have got some matching bits and piece to fix to the walls, a couple of glass/metal shelves, toilet roll holder and that kind of thing, but I'm not sure of the best way to fix these to the wall as some of them are maybe 1.5-2kg. Do I fix directly to the tile, or go through the tanking, plasterboard and into the brick? If so, what kind of fixings do I need to use as I can't find anything specifically for this or any wall plugs long enough.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)

magga

TF
Reaction score
Get a fixing into the brick if you can. You don't need long plugs, just use a nice long screw, put plug in hole, screw in plug and hammer the screw and plug right into the brick. Then take screw back out (leaving plug) and put through your fixing, and tighten up in hole. Should bite into the plug nicely!

OP
D

DaveM

That does make sense, thanks. Some of it is in wet areas, at least one of the shelves and I'm going to have to put the shower upright pole thing in there too.

Cheers.

Reply to Fixing shelves, accessories etc to or through tile? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock