Discuss Fixing 1500 X 750x 10mm Porcelain To Large Floor Area in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnyc

got a decent sized floor to start next week . approx. 220 sq mts .
will be laying ditra mat.
I usually use tilemaster setaflex for all porcelain and stone but feel that these bigger pieces may need a pourable thickbed adhesive. any recommendations ?
alo ned to buy a dry cutter that will go up to 1500 mm. any good cutters that will snap a 1500mm length @ 10mm.
wont do many jobs of this size so is therea glass cutter that would do the job.
marazzi whi are supplying the tiles suggest using lash clips but what do you reckon.
I think they put undue strain on a tile

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Id use setaflex jonny, and lash clips, on those size and weight id use raymondi , cracking clips and big .
If your not using seta id use tm ultimate , sticks and sets like the preverbal mate ;)

Cutter not sure about, i have a glass cutter which ray at porcelthin sent me, cut the porcelthin fine, not sure about 10mm tiles though

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
We start today to fix 1800x800 x 10 mm,fix with tilemaster setaflex,cut with this tools. 20150630_090754.jpg 20150701_191316.jpg

J

Just Rizzle

defo use tilemasters ultimate as well as what wilder said a levelling system I use lash.
for cutting id use rubi ts 150 circular saw was using mine today for cutting 900x600 limestone like a hot knife through butter

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Id use setaflex jonny, and lash clips, on those size and weight id use raymondi , cracking clips and big .
If your not using seta id use tm ultimate , sticks and sets like the preverbal mate ;)

Cutter not sure about, i have a glass cutter which ray at porcelthin sent me, cut the porcelthin fine, not sure about 10mm tiles though
i used the same cutter to cut 1200 x 1200 14mm grade 5 porc polished scribed put a pencil under each end then a big push cut no problem and cut plenty of polished pocrs no problem.but if small peices you will need a breaker to start the break the small wheel gives a much better frature line and cleaner cut

J

jonnyc

I bought a glass cutter from Ray and gary the tiler kindly delivered to me yesterday.still undecided. I've got seta flex to fix ditra and might try fixing a tile with that and see how it goes.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I bought a glass cutter from Ray and gary the tiler kindly delivered to me yesterday.still undecided. I've got seta flex to fix ditra and might try fixing a tile with that and see how it goes.

Jonny, you know your stuff, you lay stone like i lay the wife, weekly (dan DO NOT TELL THE WIFE I SAID THAT) so weight of tiles shouldnt worry you :)
I laid 800x800 porcal last week, bloody heavy , i used lash now and again to hold the tiles, i do think they are great things on large format:)
Ultimate is the dogs mate ,if u are unsure about seta, ultimate is good good stuff
Ps
Im a bit drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

it realy is a good cutter all you have to do is what you all ways do .listen to the scribe to know how well its done its job

R

Ray I have no doubts about the cutter . Just undecided about best adhesive.to use .
the setaflex will do the job a little bit wetter but make sure you use the best trowel for large format .the two go hand in hand

Reply to Fixing 1500 X 750x 10mm Porcelain To Large Floor Area in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks