Discuss First Time Limestone Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Bill

See - I don't get it with some of you folk - I have fixed thousands of metres of stone without decouplers, many times directly in a sand and cement bed.

All you have to do is make sure is that everything you do is compatible with your workflow.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
When I began tiling a couple of decades back products such as ditra or dural were unheard of, granted so were anhydrite screeds. So as you can imagine I've fixed countless stone floors without a membrane successfully. However you move with the times so if budget allows I wouldn't advise against using one even if personally on a regular screed (no ufh) I don't think it necessary. We're all about belt and braces on this forum so yes I don't think one is necessary on this install but if the op has the budget to fit one then do it.

S

Spare Tool

If its about budget, doesn't have to be ditra or Dural, tilemaster crack mat only around £4 a metre if you shop about, thin bed of anhyfix for matt, your choice of adhesive on top...sleep easy ;)

J

J Sid

If its about budget, doesn't have to be ditra or Dural, tilemaster crack mat only around £4 a metre if you shop about, thin bed of anhyfix for matt, your choice of adhesive on top...sleep easy ;)
is it really the cheap, not used it, surprised:) same as the bal?

I

Italy

I do not express. my thoughts.
I do not know well. screed anhydride. Here anhydride. inexistent.
only seen. 8/10 years ago. then disappeared from circulation. (fortunately).
little stone. made. also on of heating to the floor. no DITRA. (It was non-existent).
after 10 years. o.k still.
the problem. could exist. of soft stones?
N.B I apprentice. ignorant of the stones.

S

Spare Tool

what is the down side of these mats compared to a Ditra type?
Now there's a question..used the crackmat other week on a trav floor with ufh cuz had to keep levels down to meet up with an existing floor.
As you well know I'm using Dural this week for porc on heated screed..
Think you'll have to make your own mind up on that question mate
wp_ss_20160519_0001.png

F

Flintstone

I have no objections to putting one down if people want it, but I wouldn't demand a Matt down or not tiling it.

I

Italy

Now there's a question..used the crackmat other week on a trav floor with ufh cuz had to keep levels down to meet up with an existing floor.
As you well know I'm using Dural this week for porc on heated screed..
Think you'll have to make your own mind up on that question mate View attachment 81769
and I. how do to understand ?. I can not do. copy paste.
WLF

Reply to First Time Limestone Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks