Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It's arrived. Not bad, two days.
Has come in a Festool box and a decent blade too. Will be trying it out tomorrow.
image.jpg

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Tried it this morning.
Not that impressed tbh! With the cutting action being in reverse , the dust collection is amazing . Even better if you put a peice of sacrificial plasterboard underneath. There is no depth adjustment so you need to hang over the edge if something. The machine is very well built.
At first I tried it on an off cut of resin worktop using the supplied segmented blade. It was very good on this and normally this is the dustiest thing to cut.
Then tried a ceramic tile. From above the tile chipped out. And from below the tile was the same.
A grade 5 porcelain tile was next, again this chipped out massively when cutting from above and below.
I changed the blade to a continuous run ( Ats). These normally cut very smooth. Again on both the ceramic and porcelain, it chipped out too much, but not as much as the segmented blade.
To sum up. For cutting inside the dust collection is fantastic, but as it rotates anti clockwise it sacrifices the quality of the cut.
I will use this for some of my work, but it's an expensive tool for just a few jobs.

The first pics are cutting from above and below with segmented blade and the last two with continuous rim blade from below.

My advise would be don't bother! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mine arrived today too. Will be testing it on Friday. Little bit worried now having read Chalker's results
1453903092025.jpg

Reply to Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock