Discuss Feed And Return Pipes Under Kitchen Cabinets in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Swindiff

I know that UFH should not go under kitchen cabinets or any fixed appliances, but is it ok just to run a single feed and return to the pump by the boiler. I have cabinets covering 2 walls and it would be very difficult to not go under the units to get to the boiler. See the diagram in the link.

Kitchen Area (Screed and UFH Radius).jpg

Thanks

S

Swindiff

Thanks Ajax. Does my pipe layout look ok to you? I have read that a Bifilar pattern is best for even heating but because of the room shape I can't see any way that I could accomplish that.

N

Neil_B

I have come up with an alternative, which would be preferable? The new feed and return go to the location of the airing cupboard on the 1st floor.
Kitchen Area (Screed and UFH Radius).jpg

You will probably get a slightly quicker warm up time and slightly more even heat from the second pattern. How far are you running back to the manifold? at 112M you're beginning to push the length of circuit, if it's a short run you should be fine but if it's too much then you are going to start seeing the return temperatures drop. All the more reason the second design would be better.

S

Swindiff

Thanks for your reply Neil. It's going to be about 5m back to the pump so another 10m in total for feed and return. Was trying to get away without using a manifold and just having one circuit. Do you think this is too long? The kit I was looking at was single circuit with 120m of pipe.
Cheers.

N

Neil_B

That should be fine, single circuit with pump and mixing valve combined is ideal for that. 120M is the top end really. That link is where I'm typing from :)

S

Swindiff

Great. Thanks for that. No need to go to 2 circuits then. Would there be any benefit of 2 circuits. Hoping not as costs are escalating lol

Reply to Feed And Return Pipes Under Kitchen Cabinets in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks