Discuss Extra large format cutter Sigma 8DE in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

So the Easter Bunny came early this week and dropped this off to me,
and as I've got an 1800 x 900 on Wednesday, I reckon it might come in handy.
It's the Kera cut 8DE 2010 extendable rail with fitting kit.
Looking forward to giving it a whirl. :)

IMG_9059.JPG IMG_9061.JPG IMG_9062.JPG IMG_9063.JPG

O

One Day

I have used one and also have one on the way Marc! It's a great piece of kit and while some may argue in favour of the Raimondi, I find the Sigma kit to be the same as the cutters - sturdy, simple and dependable.
Raimondi is good, but over-engineered in my opinion.

(You'll want the wind-in breaker - Art 41D for anything over Porcel-thin thickness though)

B

Blunt Tool

O

Old Mod

I have used one and also have one on the way Marc! It's a great piece of kit and while some may argue in favour of the Raimondi, I find the Sigma kit to be the same as the cutters - sturdy, simple and dependable.
Raimondi is good, but over-engineered in my opinion.

(You'll want the wind-in breaker - Art 41D for anything over Porcel-thin thickness though)

That makes me smile Mark, I know of some who say the same of Sigma, being over engineered.
It is certainly sturdy and I like the way the connecting bar is constructed.
The breakers that come with it are pathetic tbh, and the Montolit version would be a much better option imo.
I've comfortably broken 12mm with those, and for less than £50 I think they're worth every penny.
I'll probably go the whole hog tho and get the heavy duty breakers that Montolit do, I like the interchangeable base plates.

I read that too quickly first time around, thought to myself, I'm not going to the beach! Haha
(You had to be there!)

O

Old Mod

All the tile cutting companies have just choked on their tea now!! Well done Marc! :(
Well it happens to be true! Haha
It's just controlling it over those sort of distances can be a little tricky.
They're perfect for a freehand shape, but for a long perfectly straight cut, keeping the correct angle and pressure can prove difficult.
Well that's in my experience anyway.

O

Old Mod

Looks a beast. Are you using those tiles on your own? walls or floor ?
Yes Andy, on my own, it's that failed floor I posted a few weeks back on a sat morning.
It's where the builder had laid them directly over an Isomat membrane which was stuck directly to Polypipe gypsum boards. :D
Needless to say it failed catastrophically, let alone the standard of fixing was condemnable in its own right.

D

Dumbo

See all you guys with tidy vans if thieves open your van up they can see at a glance what they want and what they don't want. Whereas mine they take one look and give up as a bad job . Oh after they get back from casualty after getting their toes x-ray because of stuff that fell out of my van onto their feet .

Reply to Extra large format cutter Sigma 8DE in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks