Discuss Ensuite Updates in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

scotmk

Thought I would create an album to show progress of new ensuite.

Not sure how to link it from here though.......

S

scotmk

Thanks, it took a day just to set out, I had the shower tray , shower seat, bath lip, 2 windows (which I had to end up cutting out the top to make it work). To get over. The gap at the top was the best I could get after all options were weighed out. it was bigger, so I ended up putting another sheet of backer board on the top facing bath/seat area to raise it another 5mm.

I will grout all the top, mask it then run some white paint (same as ceiling) to make it fall into the ceiling and make it vanish that way, worked ok in my last bathroom

S

scotmk

I don't like coving or similar in a fully tiled wall, looks odd, when I did my main bathroom which already had coving I wished I had removed it first, still bugs me.

S

scotmk

Had a good week, last wall nearly 1/2 done, just got bath surround, window reveals and alcove to tile. Then starts the grouting.

S

scotmk

I have put a few more update pics in my album. Finished grouting and had several wipes.

Now just having a look at at fitting the cabinets.

S

scotmk

All my base cabinets have been fitted today and I have inserted my digital control for the bath and basin, looking great.
20160215_170034.jpg
20160215_170042.jpg

P

p4ulo

Wow, that's gonna look really high-end, well done. Take your time on the finishes now, don't forget how much time you spend sat on the toilet / in the bath looking around!

S

scotmk

Thanks @p4ulo, yes not rushing. Took 3 weeks to tile lol. Looks amazing, very pleased with myself and wife happy with it too.

Reply to Ensuite Updates in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks