Discuss Electric wet tile cutter running off in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

barnfields

I have a hired wet tile cutter and it is running off the line when I try a cut. Runs off by about 6mm over a 300mm til width. Tried altering rest and square but still running off. Doesn't matter if I cut v. slow it still runs off. Any ideas

B

barnfields

Thanks I'll try that. It has a guide and table that slides so it should work but clearly doesn't.

S

Sean SML Tiling

I wouldn't pay for it or ask for a refund if its that bad. Tell them u couldn't use it and gdt your money back. What tiles you fitting

G

Gazzer

Thanks I'll try that. It has a guide and table that slides so it should work but clearly doesn't.

Without seeing it , it would be hard to say what the issue is.
Have you placed a full tile against the guide stops, then push up to the front of the wheel so the tile just touches the side of the wheel. Then slide it through to the end to see if the wheel is away from the tile at the end of the push ?

B

barnfields

I wouldn't pay for it or ask for a refund if its that bad. Tell them u couldn't use it and gdt your money back. What tiles you fitting

As far as I can tell the table is parallel with the wheel but it wants to cut in a curve. The tiles are a shade under 40cm square.

I had this before and took the machine back & swapped for another that worked fine. This is the same machine that worked OK last time. Does it wander off if the blade is worn?

B

barnfields

Without seeing it , it would be hard to say what the issue is.
Have you placed a full tile against the guide stops, then push up to the front of the wheel so the tile just touches the side of the wheel. Then slide it through to the end to see if the wheel is away from the tile at the end of the push ?

I haven't tried that. It looks as though the table guide is set up wrongly. I have been concentrating on cutting the tiles free hand as Sir Ramic suggested. That needs a bit of tidying but I've managed to get some tiling done.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Reply to Electric wet tile cutter running off in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks