Discuss Electric Underfloor Heating Mat in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alzak

Hi All,

Need an advice with regards to underfloor heating and which brand to go for...

Need about 7m2 200w for my conservatory, 6m2 150w for kitchen and around 2m2 150w for bathroom.

There is so many brands to choose from Warmup, ProWarm, WarmStar, Underfloor Heating Co and I'm bit lost as I'm not too sure what people tend to go for and is the most expensive the best one ?

F

Flintstone

What tiles are you laying ?
Pro warm is a good bet, it's mid price range and good quality.
There are kits with an uncoupling membrane built in if your going to be laying stone tiles

A

Alzak

This would go under marble tiles.

I do not want to compromise on quality but I would also want to avoid spending more than I have to...

I would look on this ProWarm now, I hope this can be linked to WarmUp thermostat as this is what I'm planning to use for ability to remotely control this underfloor heating.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
We've got our range of Elektra Heating mats which are supplied world wide.

Our Mats would be suitable for you marble tiles, you can also get a extra 5% discount from us with the forum code.

Feel free to give me a call and I can arrange a quote for you.

J

J Sid

I do not want to compromise on quality but I would also want to avoid spending more than I have to...

I would look on this ProWarm now, I hope this can be linked to WarmUp thermostat as this is what I'm planning to use for ability to remotely control this underfloor heating.
talk to the supplier to see if these are compatible

Reaction score
I have used the Comfort Zone range from thermonet on a couple of my floors now both under marble and porcelain and never had any problems :)

S

Spare Tool

Ive just supplied a warm up ie remote thermostat to go with the pro warm mat, as recommend by underfloorheatingstore..

F

Flintstone

Any reason for not running one wattage throughout? Your gonna have to fit uncoupling down before tiling it, it might work out cheaper and certainly easier to fit something like vario pro or ditra heat which has uncoupling built in, and no need to look self level over the wires

A

Alzak

No need for such a high W in kitchen as with conservatory.

I did not plan to use uncoupling mat is this necessary ? my plan was to use 6mm insulating mats.

S

Spare Tool

No need for such a high W in kitchen as with conservatory.

I did not plan to use uncoupling mat is this necessary ? my plan was to use 6mm insulating mats.
I wouldn't fit any natural tile on ufh without at least a crack mat..

S

Spare Tool

:pointup: as above you at least fit a crack Matt, with that in mind I'd look at the viaro pro as it's a decoupler too may work out cheeper over all, plus a great system,
It'd be interesting to see a price comparison..also working in the continued extra running costs for having no insulation between mat and screed.

F

Flintstone

I know your wel sorted with the ufh store but generally speaking, I would also be interested to know the cost different. With vario pro for example, you lay it and then tile it with stone. With regular heat mat, you lay it, level it then fit an uncoupler, that's quite expensive and time consuming and labour intensive

Reply to Electric Underfloor Heating Mat in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks