Discuss Drilling Porcelain tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

Shes our hardest worker Dan!. PS: I meant to show the drilling results using a 50mm (or other) diamond core to
demonstate this will give installers an absolutely perfect results. It will NEVER crack the tile - no matter how close to the edge.

10.jpg

Keep it cool with a water sponge (here you can see my old washing up sponge)
Things have moved on a bit since this photo was taken..

At 50mm you will get a great hole with no variation on the sides.
For precission drilling of holes that can sometimes be important for example installing LED lighting.

13.jpg

Above you can see a perfect circle has been cut out giving a solid core through the tile. Very strong.

18.jpg

Its true some things do cap off - or come with a cover plate thus concealing the hole and it may not be necessasary
to strive for perfection. But the big plus with the hole drilled so neat is the effort going into doing it is no different to other methods.
And the result looks great.

I am not sure what the 50mm hole is going to be used for so hopefully readers (and the forum poster) can see there is a method to be followed.

A

Alan M

i wish you would do some irish shows. we would all like a good look

at the drills of coarse

D

Deleted member 1779

i wish you would do some irish shows. we would all like a good look

Hey funny you should mention that... We have just secured Tilestyle in Dublin (Largest Showroom in Europe) and are seriously thinking of a promo day over there this month.

Maybe we need to contact the Corrs - Are they still going ???

A

Al Rogers

That Porsdrill looks the business (although the lassies didn't do the pitch any harm). Thanks so much. My man doesn't have an internet connection, apparently, so I can't give him this link, but I'll print out the thread and pass it on to him. If he can't get it right after all these hints, I'll go over and do it myself.

I don't know what the hole's for but apparently the customer wants to inset something into it and seal the gap with silicone. The mind boggles. I'll find out and let you know, just out of interest.

Many thanks again.

Al

D

Deleted member 1779

Thanks for the response Al and yes if he needs any help just give him my number 01992-410636 and I can advise.
We get a lot of installers calling and asking for advice and then placing orders.
Internet is not for everyone

Reply to Drilling Porcelain tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks