Discuss Drilling Four Holes Into A Bath. To Fit The Hansgrohe 4-gang Tap Plate 365-drills With Porsadrill in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

The guys at Hansgrohe have made life great for clients but difficult for installers. There is now a bath mounted tap unit for sale that will need four precision holes drilled to install correctly

Here is an image of the taps. Note the layout and style can vary: But the base plate is the same !

hg.jpg

The important thing is that you are going to need six drills to install the holes for this unit.
They are 2 x 30mm 1 x 35mm 1 x 50mm steel cutting drills plus 2 x 35mm 1 x 40mm 1 x 55mm diamond cores

And plan on about 2 hours of work plus any travel time if you are paying to have the holes drilled.

Lets make a start...

bath.jpg

First we used the chrome plate to help mark out the bath to drill the holes. The client wanted the TAP centered to the waste. Not the plate centered to the bath. So the holes we will drill are offset.

a26.jpg

Its VERY important to choose a bath capable of holding the 75mm plate. Its quite deep. If you have a shallow tap area the plate will stick out. Choose your bath wisely !

a1.jpg

Plate removed (and stored SAFELY) we mark the final position of every hole. We use indelible pental marker pens which do come off with baby wipes. Trust me a lot of holes have been drilled. This bath is a Kaldewei puro 687.

a4.jpg

We marked out the bath in critical detail. 110mm per hole. We then used diamond to grind down the enamel and expose the metal to dead center. This is where we put our pilot drills. We drill out all four pilot holes.

a7.jpg

You can see all four pilot holes drilled in the bath. The baby wipes have been used to remove all markings. It is better to work in a clean environment when drilling holes into baths,

a14.jpg

To get the markings you are better off to have part number 13444180 or 39449000 to guide you

a16.jpg

This is part that you need. as you can see there is some flex in the fixings but not the top mount

a15.jpg

The manual is quite details but you do need to read all the instructions.

a17.jpg

Its no good having this top part. There are no install instructions for this unit in this box.

a18.jpg

Make sure you reseal all the Hansgrohe boxes there are too many things to lose

a23.jpg

The holes should match the template above

a39.jpg

I believe we have drilled in all the right places. Hansgrohe fittings are difficult but if you follow the instructions

a34.jpg

Painted in enamel paint to prevent rust

a37.jpg

Looking great. Takes 24 hours for paint to harden. Do not install until next day

a40.jpg

Did this project help you drill your own bath or educate you as to what you need to do? At 365drills we provide a bath drilling service for £200+VAT per day. Or we supply the full set of drills and toolpack (paint & brushes etc) to do this job for £49.99. If you need help call us. We can come and do it. Or we can provide all the equipment you need. Call us on 01992 410636 for more info. Or email [email protected] : We are experts and drilling holes in ANY bath.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be prepared to do some of that myself. I'd much rather it be done by somebody else!

D

Deleted member 1779

Here is the maths...
Bath £607
Taps £1300
Property £2.5m !

Hire me for the day.. priceless !!

P

p4ulo

Here is the maths...
Bath £607
Taps £1300
Property £2.5m !

Hire me for the day.. priceless !!

Blimey, £1300 for taps, I'd demand that HANS GROHE (that is a German fella right?) came and drilled the holes himself!!!

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes I had to read it again twice.

£1700 for the tap set !

So the bath at £600 was a bargain... Amazing that the taps are three times the cost of the bath !!

M

Mr Tiler

£1,700 and the plate overlaps the bath how you supposed to get a good seal on that mate?

D

Deleted member 1779

Yup the bathroom designer was TOLD about all installation issues (and sent many photos) Still wanted the plate put over that particular make of bath.... Its amazing what installers, designers, clients can disagree on.

Personally I told them the ledge was too narrow. The text came back with these words: "Get on with it". !

Reply to Drilling Four Holes Into A Bath. To Fit The Hansgrohe 4-gang Tap Plate 365-drills With Porsadrill in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks