Discuss drilling ceramics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

facetile

have used hole cutting kits from plasplugs but they are quite difficult to get hold of.
drills through ceramic, porcelain no problem. :thumbsup:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'll admit to using hammer action. Maybe I need to upgrade my old Makita as no hammer action = zero progress.

S

Scott

I have done it once by mistake with and sds and smashed it to bits. I was drilling it before i fixed it though so all was not lost

D

Deleted member 1779

have used hole cutting kits from plasplugs but they are quite difficult to get hold of.

Plasplugs went bankrupt and then restarted. So you might find some inconsistency with supply.

Their diamond cores also have a flaw with the water tank. You cant use the same water tank on the wall as you use on a floor tile. So you have to buy 2 x the same size.

Our cores provide good value for money and form a perfect hole.

News Alert to professional tilers: Our bundle price of 8 cores for £49.99 works out at a credit crunch busting £6.25 per core if you buy a pack of 6mm and a pack of 8mm of these tool box essentials.

365Drills PORSADRILL Brand Will last for AGES.

In contrast the Plasplugs cores work out at about £15.53 each (source - Choicefull.com 9/7/2010) so 8 cores would set you back £124.24

That is £74.25 more expensive than 365drills Porsadrill £49.99 for 8 cores.
And thats if you can find them.

365Drills are a healthy financial company trading well and exporting all over the world from Worksop with UK jobs. We enjoy providing professional installers and tilers with fantastic value for money and robust equipment able to stand up to porcelain tiles - so perfect on ceramics.

:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

This is the latest 8 minute informational video showing the full kit
which contains larger cores for service pipes as well as the smaller
6mm and 8mm cores for drilling holes to fit rawl plug sizes.

[yt]W2CXLSjpVhU[/yt]

Works out at about 7.15 a core

kit6mm3.jpg

guideplate3.jpg

Reply to drilling ceramics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks