Discuss Dow Corning 785 vs Forever White? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DaveM

Could anyone tell me if the Dow corning 785 is better than the Everbuild Forever white please? Or if there's anything better for sealing round a bath and other general bathroom stuff.

I've been reading a lot of posts and Forever white is recommended a lot, but there's also a lot of posts saying the mold came back. Don't mind paying a bit extra if it keeps the mold and other nasties away. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use Forever White and I would say if you use the finishing tools and keep your saliva away from the silicone then it will stay white. Customer must also help by cleaning properly ;)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Both are top quality. Forever white just tops it in my opinion.
Don't forget these silicone sealants are mould RESISANT! Not mould exempt. Anything will grow mould in the correct atmosphere. Mould resistant grout and silicone will only stop it staying there.

Reply to Dow Corning 785 vs Forever White? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks