Discuss Douken grafito Matt 60 X 60 in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Julie Trimble

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. I purchased douken grafito Matt 60 X 60 tiles in 2013. I don't have the batch number and the newer version of these tiles are darker. We have be all around Ireland and northern Ireland and have been unable to find these tiles. Would anyone have any of these tiles we can purchase ? Or know where we could get them ? We have a free standing kitchen which the tiles go under which is why I want to replace the broken tile rather than try to replace them all. Any help please !!!!! Also they are porsixty tiles...

Thanks Julie

M

Matt Bott

Hi Julie maybe worth taking a picture of all the batch/shade codes on the side of the box as you will want a box with that same code.

J

Julie Trimble

Hi Matt I don't have the box anymore. I have visited the original place I purchased the tiles along with a number of other places. I have also tried contacting the manufacture with no luck. We did manage to lift some tiles from a showroom but there are not an exact match. I'm hoping someone may know of someone / somewhere I can contact to try and purchase some more.

J

Julie Trimble

We have already visited any of the supplies in Ireland / Northern Ireland ...

J

Julie Trimble

We have a tile under the washing machine which I am thinking of trying to lift but my worry is other tiles would get danamged in the process

J

Julie Trimble

It's not to bad at the minute with the tiles we got from the showroom. In the attached picture you see two lighter tiles along the edge. What would you do? I can't retile the floor and it runs under the kitchen which was custom made so it's not an option to rip it out

View attachment 92612

W

WetSaw

The chances of getting the same tile, let alone the same batch, 4 years after you installed those is quite slim. It looks fine to me from that photo.

J

Julie Trimble

Attached photo

IMG_20170813_002234796_HDR.jpg

J

Julie Trimble

Would you try to lift one from under the Washing machine or do you think that would be to difficult?

M

Matt Bott

Lifting tiles no damage to others is easy if you know what your doing are you planning on doing this yourself?

W

WetSaw

If the tiles have been installed correctly it's unlikely you'll get any up in one piece.

J

Julie Trimble

Yes meaning to reuse the tile under the Washing machine to patch the main room. I would be getting a professional in to do the work as I wouldn't be able to do it

M

Matt Bott

Ok if the tiles are not fully bedded there is a small possibility of popping the tile up in one but it's a small chance and would take a lot of patience and slow increments under the tile otherwise will just crack

Reply to Douken grafito Matt 60 X 60 in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks