Discuss Does grout always dry the same colour as the dry powder ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

simonjay

Does grout always dry the same colour as the dry powder ?
I mean providing its mixed correctly and not over-washed etc.

In my limited experience this seems to usually be the case, if which case
looking at the powder in the packet is better than a colour chart on the
internet for accuracy.

Simon.

S

simonjay

usually lighter in my experience.

Yeah the bloke in Topps tried to convince me the grout I returned would dry darker because the BAL sample plastic stick was
darker than the powder. I was not convinced.
The only stock BAL there. They would sell more it they had something with a bigger colour range.
BAL have several greys all about the same colour and then charcoal. A bit silly really.
Simon.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
When you grout a floor the grey is darker when wet ,but tends to go lighter when dried like getting a bottle of juice when diluted its lighter than whats in the bottle,same with grout adding water will dilute it so its lighter than when its dry

E

enduro

And if you wash the grey/black grouts off with too much water you get a lovely mottled effect. :lol:

S

simonjay

Yeah the bloke in Topps tried to convince me the grout I returned would dry darker because the BAL sample plastic stick was
darker than the powder. I was not convinced.
The only stock BAL there. They would sell more it they had something with a bigger colour range.
BAL have several greys all about the same colour and then charcoal. A bit silly really.
Simon.

According to the picture posted in my other thread about finding grey grout, if sounds like he might have been correct about it drying darker. The only way to be sure for myself is to try it.

Reply to Does grout always dry the same colour as the dry powder ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks