Discuss Do you use foam edging strips for SLC? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
I have never used foam edging strips with self levelling compounds. Installing UFH tomorrow.

Its been a while since i SLC so thought id watch a few videos as a refresher. Everyone seems to being using foam strips. Is this the done thing?

Thanks

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Where do you get your perimeter foam strips from out of interest. Im going to need to pick some up in the morning? I was considering using off cuts of warmup board but its 10mm and could be costly if there are not enough off cuts.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
expanding foam or cut down XP-PRO insulation boards for me

Its going to have to be foam I think. Would this be? ok http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/no-nonse...ml/75470#product_additional_details_container

5mm round the edges sound ok? I'll use off cuts of board if I have enough.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Foam it is I think. I'll get some strips in for next time.
I'll put 10mil around the permitter. Should do the job
Using 10mil warmup board buddy.

J

J Sid

off cuts of the warmup boards can be cut and stuck to wall and cut of after the leveller is dry

Reply to Do you use foam edging strips for SLC? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks