Discuss Do I tank aqua panels or Hardie boards. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Craftycocknet

Thanks, it raises some good points.

How would using the cement board damage the tiling if water was for some toreason get through.?

So if you tanked it, other than not being able to take as much weight and the cutting and being a heavier product etc, there would no other other disadvantages to using it? For the future strength of the tiled wall I mean.

Thanks

C

Craftycocknet

Ok. Thanks I'm going with Jacko boards. Cheaper than hardie lol a fraction of wedi cost plus wedi got order them in.

Do I need a product to seal the screws and also what screws do I need. Is galvanised?

Thanks for all your help. I will post pictures lol

O

One Day

Get some of their 'board adhesive' it's a tube of white polymeric adhesive. You can seal fastener heads by smudging a blob over them. The really correct way is to tape the joints so a roll of jointing tape should suffice. You can bond that too with the tube adhesive. Just be careful to achieve a good bond. Small disposable notch trowel is ideal for this.
Screws, i just use standard screws. And galv washers.

Cement boards have damaged tile installations by allowing water to damage the studs and floor boards, twisting and shifting the boards which damages the tiling. Same could happen with other boards IF they aren't installed correctly!

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just pricing up at ctd. What do I need to seal the screw holes?

Thanks
I take it you mean insulation board? While you are in CTD, get some ardex wp. Mix a small amount at a time and go over the washers/screws, with a filler knife, plasterers float or even an old paint brush.
Don't forget the joins in the boards and floor to wall joins will need taping and tanking.

O

One Day

I take it you mean insulation board? While you are in CTD, get some ardex wp. Mix a small amount at a time and go over the washers/screws, with a filler knife, plasterers float or even an old paint brush.
Don't forget the joins in the boards and floor to wall joins will need taping and tanking.

This: Jackoboard Board-Fix Kleb- und Dichtstoff 290 ml - http://www.hornbach.de/shop/Jackoboard-Board-Fix-Kleb-und-Dichtstoff-290-ml/8197823/artikel.html
Is WAY easier. But ardex wp would do a great job too.

Reply to Do I tank aqua panels or Hardie boards. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks