Discuss Ditra Heat Or Variopro Systems Anybody Used? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

456Wes

Hey guys, I know i'm a little late to the party on this one but have a quick question regarding Vario pro.

Is the Vario Pro cable the same as the Vario cable in terms of the cable size i.e around 3.5mm? If so, is there anything stopping us using a different brand of heating cable of the same size along with the Vario ProMat Heating & Uncoupling Membrane?

This is purely a question centered around cost.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know i'm a little late to the party on this one but have a quick question regarding Vario pro.

Is the Vario Pro cable the same as the Vario cable in terms of the cable size i.e around 3.5mm? If so, is there anything stopping us using a different brand of heating cable of the same size along with the Vario ProMat Heating & Uncoupling Membrane?

This is purely a question centered around cost.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Old thread i know, but i'm looking into using this system for a job at home.

Price difference between Ditra Heat and the Uheat alternative (which looks incredibly like Vario Pro) is mahoosive.!

Any up to date comments on the two systems?

I got caught out with the Durabase nightmare a few years back and dont want to fall foul of a similar problem with a matting that isnt Ditra....

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have used both ditra and varipro they are great systems and not much to chose from except price. the smaller Ditra kits come with small pieces of mat which is a bit of a pain.
I'm currently putting the varipro down in my kitchen (supplied by tile town at a very good price thanks Lee). the only gripe I have is that the edges have a tendency to pop up so have to be weighted until adhesive grabs.

Reaction score
I have used both ditra and varipro they are great systems and not much to chose from except price. the smaller Ditra kits come with small pieces of mat which is a bit of a pain.
I'm currently putting the varipro down in my kitchen (supplied by tile town at a very good price thanks Lee). the only gripe I have is that the edges have a tendency to pop up so have to be weighted until adhesive grabs.

Cheers for that .

You know what wattage the cable is?

O

Old Mod

the only gripe I have is that the edges have a tendency to pop up so have to be weighted until adhesive grabs.
Schluter now roll their mat the other way around to prevent that!!
Well at least, they do in the states.
Not sure if they do the same here yet.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
Our HeatBase system is very simular to Variopro but has a 10w/m Cable instead of there 12w/m cable.

Same install method as others systems, either directly on top of the existing sub floor or down on to a tile backerboard, cable then inserted at either two or three spaces, then tiled on.

If you've found a price somewhere else for an exact same product then give us a call and we'll be happy to match it, but remember to check out the Tilers Arms where we can offer extra discount to yourself.

Reaction score
Our HeatBase system is very simular to Variopro but has a 10w/m Cable instead of there 12w/m cable.

Same install method as others systems, either directly on top of the existing sub floor or down on to a tile backerboard, cable then inserted at either two or three spaces, then tiled on.

If you've found a price somewhere else for an exact same product then give us a call and we'll be happy to match it, but remember to check out the Tilers Arms where we can offer extra discount to yourself.

Cheers Jake;)

Ive already spoken with Neil this mornng who is on the case as always

Reply to Ditra Heat Or Variopro Systems Anybody Used? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks