Discuss Ditra Heat Or Variopro Systems Anybody Used? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kia tiling

Got a 20 m2 kitchen ta do wiv UFH on mixed substrates, thinking about trying these new decoupling/UFH systems. Any thoughts, suppliers etc...

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm using Thermonet vario pro for all my heating jobs.once you've used it you won't go back to sticky matting or fiddly wires.
Guaranteed....

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I nearly bought some andy but they have been picked up by schluter on it. probs not going to be around much longer so im wondering where that leaves any warranties, so i just bought the ditra heat !!!

Reaction score

worth a watch for anyone thinking of using this type of Underfloor Heating, certainly a very good alternative for anyone using ditraheat.

C

cbmltd

This setup looks great,
I'm using warmup and its a pain in the neck at times,anyone know the cost and any links to buy. Cheers

W

White Room

Looks pretty much like Ditra Heat, Dural used there decoupling matting which was exactly like Ditra but a different colur so had to change the design.

Reaction score
@andy tiler probably know more than me ashes using the Variopro and it was he who first introduced me to it. Yes, there are similarities with Ditra Heat, however Vario pro marketing states "The original revolutionary patented syster combining electric ufh with a uncoupling, crack isolation and waterproofing membrane"

T

Tile Shop

This may not be 100% accurate, but the true story between these two goes along the lines of......

A bloke in italy designed it, got it patented, took it to Schluter and they said "That'll never take off" and sent him packing. As soon as his back was turned, Schluter thought "well maybe????" and started to produce it as Ditra Heat.

But after being rejected the little italian fella took his idea to another German company who makes the wires for the Thermonet systems. They bought the idea and got Thermonet to market it as Variopro using the original patent. Following a dispute and a court case or two, Schluter had to change the design of the matting slightly. They had to change something like the shape, height or indent of the noggins that the wire feeds between, just so that the two systems weren't identical.

So although Schluter made it first, the original design belongs to the Thermonet group.

Reply to Ditra Heat Or Variopro Systems Anybody Used? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks