Discuss Ditra heat duo under floor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

has anyone used it? At the moment there are a few brands competing in this market of uncoupling / underfloor heating combo's, but this ditra duo claims to have a special thermal fleece backing that insulates and pushes 80% of the heat upwards. I'd be interested to know how that compares to an insulation board? Potentially makes this product more cost effective if it can be laid direct to the sub floor. It also sound deadens by 50% to the human ear

K

Kia tiling

The first time i used Variopro i loved it and jokingly said if only they could make it insulate aswell. Now it seems they have. Its the future, combine that with the rapid setting latex you can get now, just need to get the prices down...

O

One Day

I'm ordering two fairly large Heatbase kits from uheat tomorrow. I originally specified ditra heat for the job, having used it before and because the whole job is schluter-based, but schluter said no to porcel thin, although in a domestic i know it will be fine. Customer wants a warranty so I've gone with uheat who will give one.

F

Flintstone

Well, there is no mention of that on any of there pages or videos, isn't that just for karndean type flooring

F

Flintstone

IMG_4035.PNG

O

One Day

Ah, maybe I downloaded the diy/retail instructions.
As long as there's a solid bed, there's no need for slc.
I like that the mats are self-adhesive. Just wait until a helpful sparkie installs them for you - onto dust!!!

F

Flintstone

My plan is to skim the whole area over with adhesive after install, then tile the next day. I'd never let anyone install any ufh for me. As with all ufh, the 10mm of latex is needed for karndean and anything like that.

Howcome you chose heatbase over other products such as this, and vario pro?

O

One Day

My plan is to skim the whole area over with adhesive after install, then tile the next day. I'd never let anyone install any ufh for me. As with all ufh, the 10mm of latex is needed for karndean and anything like that.

Howcome you chose heatbase over other products such as this, and vario pro?

I tried to get Vario last year and after contacting the rep, he pointed me to a local merchant who was really keen to supply me. So keen, that even with my super-special introductory trade discount - it was the same price as Ditra Heat, and even harder to order.
I plumped for Heatbase as it looked SO similar to ditra heat, and with quality polish cables. Price was shockingly good too!

Reply to Ditra heat duo under floor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks