Discuss Ditra And Anhyfix in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

So that the fleece can stretch and tear - first defence before the dovetails and plastic start to stretch. I was told that's the reason for using a very thin bed. We've all heard stories of ditra being fixed with all kinds of weird stuff, even upside down. If it's stuck to the floor and the tiles are well anchored into the holes, it's going to work fine.
I would expect the fleece to be anchored firm to the floor with your chosen adhesive, so much so the fleece would come apart from the plastic when lifted and the adhesive holding the tiles should not stick at all the the plastic top.
may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time ;)

I

Italy

I would expect the fleece to be anchored firm to the floor with your chosen adhesive, so much so the fleece would come apart from the plastic when lifted and the adhesive holding the tiles should not stick at all the the plastic top.
the 17 Italian time. antonio explain ahah

O

One Day

You may be right too! I'm going to email and ask them...

J

J Sid

You may be right too! I'm going to email and ask them...
you may need to hassle them a hit to get a reply :(
I would have thought if you try to peel it up after it is fixed the fleece should stay behind, which I know happen when done well.
I know the adhesive should not stick on top, that's why you can't use a highly modified adhesive. What you use when sticking Gulf Stone to Ditra, god only knows :)

S

Stef

Over in America they pre fill Ditra, I've questioned this but they all state that it's fine.
I done the Schluter course & was told pre filling was a big no no as your adhesive doesn't stick to the top of the Ditra.
As Julian states the fleece should be well anchored to the floor so it can then stretch.

Reaction score
Thank you for the posts and advice in helping out F430 and his questions. We have spoken this morning and hopefully we have put his concerns at rest.

AnhyFix has been in production now for approximately 6 years so you can imagine how much has been used to fix different types of uncoupling membranes including Ditra Matting of course. Over the years I have taken numerous calls related to fixing tiles to anhydrite screed and i personally on many occasions have suggested using Ditra Matting fixed with AnhyFix.

I am not aware of any issues where AnhyFix adhesive has not bonded sufficiently to Ditra Matting.

Adhesive that has only recently been applied is still "green". Rapid setting adhesive will hold moisture for a number of days and progressively day by day the adhesion / bond increases as the adhesive hydrates. Sure, rapid set adhesives set sufficiently to walk on after 2 - 3 hours but they will then continue to progress with time.

AnhyFix at full set is an extremely strong adhesive with high adhesion properties, comparable to a C2 type cement based adhesive. At full set, the adhesive will anchor the fleece down and if you tried to take up the Ditra I am pretty certain that it would tear the fleece away from the underside of the plastic.

From reading the posts above, there is uncertainty when it comes to fixing Ditra Matting and as manufacturers we need to be providing clear and concise advice and solutions.

I have asked my colleagues to contact Schluter to see if between us we can carry out tests using different Tilemaster adhesives to fix Ditra Matting. The result of which will hopefully mean we can provide some clear instructions for people to follow.

Best Regards
Mark

H

hmtiling

used kerakol h40 ideal last time i decoupled an anhydrite screed and was very worried and how well the addy bonded to the fleece the next day. a week later you could not seperate the 2.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
We used Ultimate to fit approx 200 mtrs of Porcelanosa matting and had a similar scare. It was my first time using both materials so did a pull test after about 3hours and again in the morning. On both occasions I was able to lift the matting but it was definitely more difficult next day. Needless to say, after a few days there was absolutely no budging it. Porcelanosas spec for the job was S2 to stick down the decoupler, S1 to fit the tiles. I've stuck with that process ever since onto timber. Ultimate, decoupler, Setaflex. Never had to decouple over Anhydrite and only ever used Anhyfix once to date but found it an excellent adhesive.

Reaction score
Only suggestion is check the bags for date of manufacture.
Give tile masters the number they will tell you
The adhesive is great used many times we use it with Dural matting

image.jpeg image.jpeg

O

One Day

Antonio - I bought a few Raimondi bits this past week...

(don't know why it's turned over!)

20160602_183124.jpg

Reply to Ditra And Anhyfix in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks