Discuss diamond hole cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

Each to there own but i will stick to what i know works for me

Comment noted - Just keep us in mind if you ever need a hole-saw or core for a special size that is not stocked by the others!

tile_drill22.jpg

N

nelson

Richard, thanks for the great info.I have in fact just made an online payment for the basic set for £50. I read the web site info after and it says each cutter is good for about 6 to 8 holes ( in porcelain i guess ) or more if you use water as you drill.I thought that sounded quite a low figure! I've lost the page now,so did I mis-read that? I can't argue with the price though.very reasonable.
As for your point about treating them as a consumable, I don't know if i would feel funny about adding it to an invoice.I've only just started up on my own, having done the NVQ2, and so havent got many jobs behind me yet, wouldn't a customer expect hole cutters (and all tools) to be something I would have to provide? or at least one could just incorporate the cost into initial quote and keep them for next job? I'm finding it very difficult at mo, i've been undercut on three jobs in a row now,so if I get the chance to make a bit of money back i'm going to have to!

regards, nelson

D

Deleted member 1779

Nelson thanks for the order.

You spotted one thing. You missed another!

1) You spotted the lifespan claims (well done) yes we try to give some general indication on how much wear and tear these can endure. As a ball park figure we quote "about ten" holes each which gives you a total of 40 holes for the small sizes of 6mm an 8mm because there are 4 cores in the top pack. On softer material like ceramic tiles a lifespan of 200 holes per drill bit is achievable. So it really depends on the material you are drilling and how you use them.

drilling_tiles.jpg

The small drills will cut "about" ten holes each giving you 40 holes per pack in the BFKMX

I agree you you might not be comfortable adding the cost of the kit to the job as a consumable. So instead of doing it that way here's another way of thinking. If you are asked to quote a PORCELAIN tile job with an average 37 square meter of tiles costing your client £40psm they will have spent £1480 on tiles alone. Add 10% wastage and they are expecting to lose £148 on wasted tiles. That means they have spent £1627 just on tiles. Add to that the adhesive, grout, white goods, first fix plumbing and electrics plus other items like undefloor heating, tanking kits etc then your client has invested about £5K on the job. Whatever you do make sure you cost in at least £50 to drill the holes on that job. Because on hard grade porcelain you can expect fair wear and tear.

1.jpg

A Client will spend £1627 on porcelain tiles for a 37 square meter bathroom

I said at the start of the post you spotted one thing - and missed another!

2) You missed your discount! Contact me on : [email protected] and we will refund your card with the discount.

As a tilers forum member you dont pay £49.99 because there are discount codes for professional tilers - so you pay less than that for the kit.

contemporary_bathroom.jpg

Professional tilers who are members of tilers-forums
GET DISCOUNT

kit2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Marcotiles

Hi Richard,
I like the sound of these and am looking to place on order for a job next week. One question though - How do we get the discount code?

Cheers

Mark

D

Deleted member 1779

How do we get the discount code?

ALWAYS PM me (Send a private message)

OR call 01992 410636 night or day

OR email me [email protected]

We dont stick the codes up on the forum becuase they change and also we want professional tilers to get the discounts not the one-off purchasers.

I will contact you direct !

PS: One code we CAN publish (because its on the 365drills site) is that if you want to save postage of £1.80 on the SPONGE then type codeword: SPONGE on checkout

Some people were annoyed that the postage for the BFKMX @ £49.99 is £2.99 and for a £1.75 sponge is £1.80 ( 5p More than the actual sponge). So a BFKMX and a Sponge combined postage would be £4.79. And a few compaints came our direction

But to clarify our postage is set for £2.99 for the first BFKMX and then £1.80 for the next BFKMX or other drill pack. So its good value for money.

But we cant switch off the postage formula for the Sponge. The cart just sees it as a second item in the basket and treats it as a £50 item. Anyway if anyone is reading this and wants free postage on the sponge then SPONGE is your code !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cr0ft

I bought the bathroom fitting kit after doing extensive reading on my options for drilling holes for wastes etc into tiles. By looking after mine I've kept the diamond cores going for 6 months so far (I do about 1-2 bathrooms each month at the moment). I've only ever drilled into ceramic tiles with them but they work as good as they did the day I bought them.

The guide they come with to save pilot drilling also saves wear on masonry drill bits too. Overall, a really impressive product and much better value for money than more expensive solutions.

M

MTiler

I use 365 drills all the time and love 'em. I recently spent a day using them to drill holes into glass tiles as the builders couldnt do it without cracking them! God knows what they were using. They were impressed.

missyT

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes perfect for glass tiles.

14.jpg

Glass tile drilled WITHOUT using PORSADRILL

51.jpg

Glass tile drilled WITH Porsadrill !

Thanks for your updates guys. Secret Intel - We are in talks with a major retailer at the moment and I will be using your comments to help our presentation... All feedback and data is helping us to justify this product to the very difficult to penetrate - retail sector. Hope to have some good news to report by end of summer.... But not counting my chickens just yet.

Reply to diamond hole cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks