Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss diamond hole cutters in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
i am looking to buy some new diamond hole cutters and was wondering which ones are the best on the market at the moment as i need a whole new kit?

OP
P

peckers

As above great bits at a very attractive price! Does exactly what it says on the tin only better!!! imo

OP
S

simhopper

Firm believer of you pay for what you get

Have tried diamond grit holesaws before, Lasted a few jobs

Armeg PTC are what we use now, 3 years down the line and there still like new, Cut porcelain daily.

Buy cheap buy twice

OP
D

Deleted member 1779

Try the Bathroom Fitters Kit:

kit2.jpg

Selection of seven cores in five popular sizes.

Priced at ÂŁ49.99 for the kit its superb value for money.

have a look at the website: Drilling porcelain tiles with diamond tile drill bit granite holesaws

Also there are many other size packs (37 sizes) so if you need a special size hole then everything is catered for.

Example:
35mm.jpg

Perhaps you have a mono-block or tap to install. So in that case 35mm is the right size.

In short we have every size drill bit but that multipack above gets you out of all sorts of trouble.

For example if you have a fischer fixing kit for a sink and perhaps you need a 10mm drill or a 12mm drill or a 14mm then use the 16mm drill supplied in the kit to take a plug out of the tile bigger than the hole size you need.

Then just use a nomal masonary drill to cut the actual hole behind the tile.

Once you fit your appliance over the hole then nobody will know. Useful for things like sinks or loo pans.

Lots of projects on the website to follow too (section 4)

Stocked by retailers like Corgi-Direct plumbing and other retailers.

And it comes with the guide plate to stop drills slipping on ANY tile wet or dry
guideplate2.jpg

Each kit from 6mm to 65mm comes with a guide plate to stop slipping on tiles

guideplate.jpg

OP
N

nelson

sir ramic, I need to get a hole cutting set but i do have a limited budget, this ÂŁ49.99 set you have recommended, will they last more than a few jobs like sim hopper says? have you used them yourself? I notice they sponser this site? wink wink...

OP
G

Gazzer

No one can really say how long they will last as we dont know what you are drilling into. I can certainly say that as long as you use a wet sponge to cool and clean the drill bits as shown in the videos on the website for 365 drills they will last a lot longer that you will expect.
I have been using 365 Drills for quite a while now and have no reason to change.

Just because they are a site sponsor it doesnt mean i will "big" them up, I say they are good because they are !

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

simhopper

No one can really say how long they will last as we dont know what you are drilling into. I can certainly say that as long as you use a wet sponge to cool and clean the drill bits as shown in the videos on the website for 365 drills they will last a lot longer that you will expect.
I have been using 365 Drills for quite a while now and have no reason to change.

Just because they are a site sponsor it doesnt mean i will "big" them up, I say they are good because they are !

I have not used 365 but i have used diamond grit with poor results

The armeg sets i have are a few years old and have done at least 100 holes per core and show no wear, Mostly porcelain jobs we do

Today i used a armeg PTC 7mm bit on Fired Earth porcelain.....4 holes under correct conditions then the tip snapped......PTC carbides are junk, Diamond cores are fantastic

Ordered a Armeg diamond core on 7mm today so will post up how long it lasts,Cost from CTD ÂŁ43 per drill

OP
D

DHTiling

365 cores have better quality diamonds than other sets... so until you have tried then you cannot compare IMHO..

My (365) 35 mm hole cutter has just cut it's last hole..and i would say i have cut around a 100 holes with it... about 30 of those were porcelain and the rest ceramics and stone tiles..

So this is well beyond what you would expect from these type of core drill bits.

OP
G

Gazzer

I have not used 365 but i have used diamond grit with poor results

The armeg sets i have are a few years old and have done at least 100 holes per core and show no wear, Mostly porcelain jobs we do

Today i used a armeg PTC 7mm bit on Fired Earth porcelain.....4 holes under correct conditions then the tip snapped......PTC carbides are junk, Diamond cores are fantastic

Ordered a Armeg diamond core on 7mm today so will post up how long it lasts,Cost from CTD ÂŁ43 per drill

i wouldnt even compare the 2 brands as i dont believe it would be fair on either of the companies. They are in different leagues.

I have no idea how many holes my 365 kit has done but i know its a lot.

OP
D

Deleted member 1779

Nelson when comparing the merekats - here is some pricing for you

The Armeg PTC equipment relies on a water delivery feed system comprising a water tank (ÂŁ20.54) an arbor (ÂŁ41.10) and a water delivery pipe (ÂŁ10.27) plus a pilot drill or 8mm PTC centre pilot (ÂŁ29.79) costing you a total of ÂŁ182.86.

Next the crowns you will need that are as close to the BFKMX are a 19mm (ÂŁ59.99) 36mm (ÂŁ74.99) 44mm (ÂŁ89.99) with a separate total of ÂŁ224.97

If you add a 6mm PTC bit it will put ÂŁ25.68 to the total.

Final bill: ÂŁ433.51 and you will then have a 6mm a 8mm PTC carbide bit. And three crowns at 19mm 36mm and 45mm.

You can buy a bundle kit for ÂŁ205.52 but you will need to buy an 8mm PTC carbide bit for the extra ÂŁ29.79 to run it plus a 6mm PTC carbide bit for those red plugs. So your start cost would be ÂŁ235.31 without the ÂŁ25.68 6mm PTC bit. After that you will need to continue to replace those ÂŁ29.79 PTC bits on a regular basis as they are made of carbide steel so have a limited lifespan.

If however you decide to buy a 365drills holesaw kit then you will pay ÂŁ49.99 (less your forum discount). At this price on expensive porcelain tile jobs (ie tiles alone costing ÂŁ3000) you can add it to your customers invoice as a disposable consumable item priced into the job.

The beauty of adding it as a consumable is that you never have to pay for the kit (your client does) because you can leave it behind with instructions that should your client ever want to put up extra things at a later date like a mirror or shelf they have the use of the kit saving them the cost of you coming back to site and charging them half a days pay.

Its great that you are pricing up your outlay ahead of a purchase (a lot of people just walk into their local tile shop and pay big bucks for similar gear) and a prudent attitude during these difficult times should be applauded.

Whichever deal you go for remember that at 365Drills we are the ONLY company to carry a full and comprehensive size range and so if you need a special size then we can have them delivered to your site within 24hrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

simhopper

Cost is irrelevant to me, I want something that will last and be reliable for me no diamond grit edged holesaw will do this

Each to there own but i will stick to what i know works for me:thumbsup:

Reply to diamond hole cutters in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock