Discuss Depth Of Slc Over Heat Mat System in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MTiler

It will state in the pdf of your choice of slc , the minimum depth required , some say deeper over timber floors ..

But If your heat mat says 8mm , then isnt that your answer... :)

But why do most people only just cover the UFH then and not go thicker? Thats why I asked.

D

Dougs Third Go

I'd normally go 2-3mm over cables Sharon, coupled up with a solid bed of adhesive using a 10mm trowel wiggled down to a 5mm solid bed you've got 8mm coverage there.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Always put down between 6-8 mm.
Webber floor flex states 10mm min over timber.
For mosaic i always do two layers as the second only a couple of mm and rolled out with the pin roller

M

MTiler

Always put down between 6-8 mm.
Webber floor flex states 10mm min over timber.
For mosaic i always do two layers as the second only a couple of mm and rolled out with the pin roller

I'm using Weber Floor Flex. How long do you wait before you put down second layer?

M

MTiler

My next question is how the hell am I going to lift a tub full of 25kg of slc and about 4-5 litres of water ? Lol

Reply to Depth Of Slc Over Heat Mat System in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks