• Thread starter Time's Ran Out
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 3K

Discuss Darts in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

IMG_1145.PNG We've been watching the quarter finals, last nights semi finals and tonight's - The Finals!
It's Netherlands v Scotland.
1st prize £350,000
Top 2 seeds - it's been great viewing.

C

Concrete guy

I'd like to challenge the "Sport" prefix in front of the title, it's not really a sport is it.

"Pastime" would be more appropriate.

NTOCN is just classic. Gerald the Gorilla was a highlight.

Reaction score
View attachment 87242 We've been watching the quarter finals, last nights semi finals and tonight's - The Finals!
It's Netherlands v Scotland.
1st prize £350,000
Top 2 seeds - it's been great viewing.
It's been a great competition, and the high scoring in both the semi finals and finals made for exciting and compelling viewing. And as Van Gerwen won, it's worth remembering that he started out as an apprentice tiler who once tiled footballer Dennis Bergkamps bathroom. How many Tilers do you know who can earn £320,000 for a fortnights work!

T

Time's Ran Out

If you like darts ( I'am not fussed myself) but it was an exceptional competition.
One of those games where you don't need to know anything about the opponent - just concentrate on your own game.
It was near the end of the final when my wife realised each game had to finish on a double! 3days she'd been watching and no offside rules to explain.

S

Spud

the BDO. Was started up by a tiler and they used to do the embassy world championships back in the 1980 s his name was olly Croft I believe his tile shop is next door to the BDO head quarters in muswell hill north London his sons have successful tile companies on called checkalow and the other stortford tiling so darts is very much the tilers sport

I

Ian

We went last Thursday for the evening session, got to see Peter Wright, Phil Taylor and Van Gerwen. Movie baddies was our fancy dress theme, and we got one of Mardles T-shirts :) It's a brilliant night out, stick it on your bucket list, even if you don't particularly like darts, the atmosphere and noise is electric.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reply to Darts in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks