Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cyber attacks on the NHS in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
The NHS are being held to ransom by these cyber hackers , what hope do us mere mortals have if they can infiltrate such a large organisation..

Only last week my parents, both in there 80's were prayed upon by these scum.....lost everything off there computer.....thankfully they don't do online banking ..

Surely there must be a trail somewhere leading back to the culprits..

Q

Qwerty

@Dan can probably explain how they stay undetected better than me! You're right though..... They are absolute scum!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The ransomware isnt traceable (yet) and payment is via bitcoin which also isn't traceable and never will be. They haven't even found who made it yet.

But this attack uses a vulnerability that the American NSA found and kept to themselves. If they'd have informed Microsoft about it so they fixed it before anybody clocked about it, this wouldn't have happened.

Which begs the question; do the Americans really care about security or just abuse it to their advantage ?

D

Dumbo

The ransomware isnt traceable (yet) and payment is via bitcoin which also isn't traceable and never will be. They haven't even found who made it yet.

But this attack uses a vulnerability that the American NSA found and kept to themselves. If they'd have informed Microsoft about it so they fixed it before anybody clocked about it, this wouldn't have happened.

Which begs the question; do the Americans really care about security or just abuse it to their advantage ?
Sounds like Ed snowdon was right about America

B

Blunt Tool

Please remember and add IN MY OPINION I don't want Mr Trump to put a target on my back! ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like Ed snowdon was right about America
He's absolutely right about them and nobody is disagreeing or denying what he claims. Even America. They literally do all the things that you'd assume belong in movies.

They even rerouted cargo on the seas from Chinese tech hardware manufacturers to unlock their master keys before forwarding them onto where they were going so they could monitor traffic. Chips and hard disks and anything they can tap into tech wise.

They're a terrible country when it comes to most things thinking about it. Banking, wars, nukes, tech, guns and crime, pretty much right up there with the plonkers in most areas.

Just keep your tech up to date and that's all we can do as victims really.

D

Dumbo

Mind you the speed some main contractors pay I think they have been using carrier pigeons for decades

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I do all my banking by carrier pigeon . Slower but less susceptible to cyber attack that is unless a fraudster has a hawk called cyber
To be fair your banking is probably the most protected. They usually spot something before you do. Will always give you the money back.

And these people and firms who have had this ransomware haven't been hacked and the people behind it usually can't access the computers and don't need to. They just want the bitcoin cash.

They encrypt the computer they don't take any data off it.

AND IT ALWAYS GAINS ACCESS VIA THE USER CLICKING A LINK IN AN EMAIL!!!!!

SO ALWAYS IGNORE LINKS IN EMAILS AND VISIT THE WEBSITES DIRECTLY INSTEAD.

M

Matt Bott

Our country is worse than America when it comes to spying on its population GCHQ tracks everything and NSA have full access to it thanks to 9/11

D

Dumbo

Our country is worse than America when it comes to spying on its population GCHQ tracks everything and NSA have full access to it thanks to 9/11
Do you know what they can spy on me all they like I don't give damn . If you got nothing to hide I doesn't matter.

M

Matt Bott

Do you know what they can spy on me all they like I don't give damn . If you got nothing to hide I doesn't matter.
I would agree with your point there, however that's the sort of attitude which lets them break laws continually and get away with it. Ok as far as Edward snowden has explained they track everything you do when where you use your bank card to every phone call text message and email you use again your point stands, until someone hacks it and gets all your info steals your identity and money that will make for a morale dilemma but you wouldn't even know it came from there I guess because there not going to publicise that anyway.

Reply to Cyber attacks on the NHS in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock