Discuss Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

daveadams2k10

I just learnt the 3 way mitre on my course this week. Its a fantastic finish and looks so professional.:hurray:

N

Nuddy

I've been doing the 3 way mitre for about 5yrs now, before that I used the preformed corner pieces from genisis. The reason for me changing my method was when I was called back to old customers to do more work in another room say 2-3 yrs later, when I noticed every mitre piece had changed colour to the trim. This was on every old job where they had been used that I went back to. Basically they looked a different colour,mainly white, soft cream and beige all genisis. fortunatly not one of my customers pointed it out, but I was still embarrassed so I was converted to 3 way mitre.
My tip for best longer laster mitres would be allways use trims from same batch, dont save offcuts for months and then use on another job with new trim, colours will differ with time if not initially..

www.newlandceramics.co.uk:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

personally I don't like the preformed corners, I think the 3 way mitre looks a helluva lot better.

L

Lizlen

Thankyou so much for this, I did manage to do it using your instructions, probably not as good as experienced people but it's my first try: tiles2.jpg

doddy41

TF
Reaction score
I cant believe that so many of you use r/e trim square edge looks so much better and can be bent to go around external corners

J

johnryan

nice post, very helpful. down to the shed in the morning to practice a few.
i get the feeling i should've known how to do that already though. much better than
my previous solutions.

J

jay

thanks Scottley there the ones we use for floors not norm walls but if that what the customer wants so be it yes you can bend it but not real good around the top edge external corners (was what i was thinking)
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks