Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Here I am going to attempt to guide you through a the cutting of a 3 way mitre.

picture 1 is of the 3 way mitre.

trim for the top of the mitre is laid flat in the mitre box as in pic 2,

after you have cut the mitre you then stand the trim up and cut the mitre in half (the opposite way) as in pic 3, this will then give you a point as in pic 4
next you cut the piece the for the downward trim, you cut this in the opposite to the top piece, cut your mitre in the normal way with the trim standing up, then you lie it flat and cut it in half the opposite way as in pics 5 and 6.

hope this helps with some of the confusion...Mark.

Added by Dan

A video showing you how it's done.

CUTTING TILE TRIM THREE DIFFERENT WAYS

03102007081.jpg 03102007082.jpg 03102007084.jpg 03102007085.jpg 03102007086.jpg 03102007088.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

scott888

good work, i still cant find the moulded type corners anywhere!!!!! so ill give this a go.

S

scott888

just done one now, wasnt to bad for the 1st effort and the wrong type saw. ill use it on friday, gotta be easier than finding a bloody place that sells the corner mouldings!!!

R

rob

Mate, I had a go at doing one and I couldn't get the joints to fit!! I think the trim has to be exactly quarter round to match up! and this might be why lots of people finding them hard to get right.

cp3147

TF
Reaction score
easy enough with ur normal plastic trim but pressure steps up a level when using metal trim :grin:, steady hand and a keen eye

D

DERBER

any tips for getting the exact half cuts at the second stage.
personally still prefer proper corners but this is well handy in an emergency,and if i can get them neat enough who knows..............

When ya mark with ya pencil draw all the way across the trim, then when ya do ya second cut it will be in line whith the first cut
icon14.gif

T

tile55

just caught onto this thread.
This is an excellent post, been in the tile game for over 15 years and never seen that 3 way mitre before, no matterwhat you do in life you are still in a learning process.
I will definately be trying this on my next job which needs boxing tiled or similar.
Thanks Mark for the info and pictures.
Have a good one........

J

johnnyp

Hi All,
Really good demo' THANKS!
I have tried this in past but coudn't do it tidy!!
Have been doing 45" on top and bottom one in straight.
Your's looks SO GOOD I will try it again on job in new year.
GOOD LUCK
johnnyp

Reply to Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock