Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Here I am going to attempt to guide you through a the cutting of a 3 way mitre.

picture 1 is of the 3 way mitre.

trim for the top of the mitre is laid flat in the mitre box as in pic 2,

after you have cut the mitre you then stand the trim up and cut the mitre in half (the opposite way) as in pic 3, this will then give you a point as in pic 4
next you cut the piece the for the downward trim, you cut this in the opposite to the top piece, cut your mitre in the normal way with the trim standing up, then you lie it flat and cut it in half the opposite way as in pics 5 and 6.

hope this helps with some of the confusion...Mark.

Added by Dan

A video showing you how it's done.

CUTTING TILE TRIM THREE DIFFERENT WAYS

03102007081.jpg 03102007082.jpg 03102007084.jpg 03102007085.jpg 03102007086.jpg 03102007088.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Re: 3 way mitre..tutorial (hopefully)

slendid stuff Mark....you beat me to it..you just can't find spare trim when you need it ....the end result looks brill and no profile problems....Gaz
----
I hope you primed that cardboard box before tile....
It's ok Endo his tiles are polystyrene......lol

Last edited by a moderator:
P

postie

Top stuff Devon very kind of you to take the time to show us all. :thumbs_up:

OP
devonmark

devonmark

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

if you take a look at the box...you may notice the tutorial was sponsored by budweiser...lol

don't know about primed enduro..but i can assure you it was empty

E

Eddie

Great demo mark i,ll try that tomorrow, im sure i've got an empty Magners box in the garage:wink_smile:

B

beattsmjk

Wow!!

thanks Mark, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

I'll give that a good practice this weekend.

really good of you to take time out and take photos and stuff, the mitre looks great!!

thanks a lot:)

OP
devonmark

devonmark

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

if anyone has any trouble with it let me know and i'll see if i can work out where you're going wrong..mark.

J

jeffy

Just what i needed to know.got a job tomorrow with the same mitre no sleepless night for me. THANKS A LOT for that

Reply to Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock