Discuss Cutting chrome tile trim in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Lakelander

i know this may be a stupid question but i'm really struggling to cut a perfect mitre on chrome trim . Tiled half where are you up bathroom wall and want to fit the trim to finsh off the tiles . Both externa and internal corners. Trim im using is is a bull nose. Do i cut the trim lying it flat or on its edge ?

T

Time's Ran Out

It's Doug setting up a new account.

To the OP - is the issue getting the right angle or actually cutting the metal.
The angle can be obtained by using a mitre block and cutting by using a new junior hacksaw or an old grinder cutting wheel.
Hope this helps - that's what we're here for.

L

Lakelander

Not a joke really need advice tried cutting 45 degree a few times but can't get angle right

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not a joke really need advice tried cutting 45 degree a few times but can't get angle right
As noted above, use mitre box, if fitting horizontally , if covering top edge of tile,( cut with top of trim uppermost). Hope this makes sense.

T

Time's Ran Out

The other way is to cut the back of the trim out and gently bend it around to 90 degrees.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Also you're corners may not be entirely square, a small file is useful for making small adjustments.

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use a thin metal cutting wheel on my grinder, about £1.50 for 3 at screwfix. Then I cut by eye, never use a block. I'm within the right region then small alterations to get it spot on.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use a thin metal cutting wheel on my grinder, about £1.50 for 3 at screwfix. Then I cut by eye, never use a block. I'm within the right region then small alterations to get it spot on.
Especially with a good back bevel.;)

Reply to Cutting chrome tile trim in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks