Discuss Customer Wanting Advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

prof3ssor

hello

about to buy 35m2 of tiles

i like the look of 60x60 gray sparkle quartz but recently discovered its no good with UFH so...

can anyone recommend any quartz good enough for UFH and recomend a supplier

alternatively i can give the UFH a miss as i would rather have this look tile than the heating so can anyone recomend a good supplier on both price and quality for these tiles..

i have had quotes of

£80 psqm from topps
and
£65 psqm from discount tiles stockton

regards

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I believe Gulfstone quartz (oman) are okay with ufh. Ctd stock them.

P

prof3ssor

thank you macten
how is it that some quartz can be ok with UFH... is it just a matter of quality??
both topps tiles and discount tiles were happy to sell me UFH with their tiles haha
also couldnt find the grey sparkle ones on CTD website

Thank you TT what is the £5 difference for do you think.. quality or proffit and have you used either of those

thanks

U

Unused Account 1

Ctd will sell better quality tiles at better prices ,topps expensive and not the best quality dont like calling shops but being honest

P

prof3ssor

will the tiles in the two links posted be of poor quality or just not good enough for UFH?

J

J Sid

Topps and CTD both sell Gulf Stone I believe.
I have spoken to imports of these tiles and can confirm it is ok to lay on electric ufh but not wet in screed ufh.
They must also be fixed using a laytex based adhesive, bottle and bag, NO water.
Your chosen tiler should be aware of theses fixing requirements and maybe able to get a bit of discount for you from your chosen shop.

T

Tile Shop

will the tiles in the two links posted be of poor quality or just not good enough for UFH?

Tile magic and tilehq are the same company, so both quartz are identical.

But 94% quartz is pretty good.

The more quartz content, the better it will be with ufh.

T

Tile Shop

Having said that, only go for one that gives you a definite "yes", otherwise you have no comeback if anthing happens.

J

J Sid

I wouldn't except a yes from a shop unless they produce a tec sheet from the tile manufacturers stating it was ok.

P

prof3ssor

i am considering both gulfstone and cheaper copies

from what i can see ... gulfstone = good for UFH but gunna cost me £80 pm

cheaper copy from tile magic = no good for UFH gunna cost £40 pm .... but will it last ??? any experience please

Reply to Customer Wanting Advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks