Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss CSCS Card in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi people

I am looking to get a CSCS card so i can work on site, if and when i get a tile job. i know i have to do the health and safety test, but i am not sure which card i need:mad2:. i think it would be the green one which is 'Construction Site Operative'. as all the others say trainee, or qualified etc. does anyone know if this is the right card to get and if not which one,

Thanks people:thumbsup:

Liam

OP
M

mikethetile

Hi Liam

if you google cscs the official site has all the info including where and how to book a test, if you get the operative card then you need to get yourself assesed as a tiler to get the qualified card. if I remember rightly you need to do this within 2 yrs but the info is all there on their site

OP
G

Gazzer

Liam this is a local office that can sort you out and I believe you are correct in getting a site operative card to begin with.
CSCS Test Centre Dudley - DY3 2AH

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

Max@ableskills

Hi liam. Unless you hold a trade NVQ at level 2 you will only be able to get the green operative's card. If you hold the NVQ then you would receive the blue skilled worker card which will state the trade you are qualified in on the reverse side. Hope this helps

turnip

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Unless you hold a trade NVQ at level 2 you will only be able to get the green operative's card. If you hold the NVQ then you would receive the blue skilled worker card which will state the trade you are qualified in on the reverse side
In reality as long as you have a CSCS card you will get on site. The relevant fact is that you have a 5 year full card, its about the main contractor meeting health and safety regs not whether you have a qualification.

OP
N

nicro3

Agree with turnip the cscs card enables you to work on site what ever the colour with the exception of visitors which Ibelieve is white.

OP
M

Mike

i got the blue (experienced worker) card by proving i'd been employed as a tiler but it was only for 12 months till i passed my nvq 2. i've passed it now but i've not renewed my card yet, i never used the first one (exept to scrape the ice off the screen of my van) :lol:

OP
S

smidy69

Hi, i have finished my tile apprenticeship 3 years ago up to Nvq level 3 and i have done all my health and safety tests but i don't think i ever sent away to get my cscs card as all my work with my employer was domestic and i didn't really need it. I would like to know how to find out about gettin my cscs card and if it would still be valid. Who do i ring? what details i would need to give? I also have a csr card that is due to expire end of Feb, what is the difference between the cscs card and the csr card? would appreciate it if someone would get back to me, cheers.:yikes:

OP
G

Gazzer

Your CSR card can be used in the same way as a CSCS card, they are both health and safety related.
CSR Frequently Asked Questions

Depending on which area you are in a Google search will bring up places to obtain a CSCS card in your area.

OP
S

smidy69

Your CSR card can be used in the same way as a CSCS card, they are both health and safety related.
CSR Frequently Asked Questions

Depending on which area you are in a Google search will bring up places to obtain a CSCS card in your area.

cheers, thanks for your help

OP
L

liam

Hi Guys,

Just thought i would let you know that i have passed my cscs health and safety test, and should be getting my operative card soon. So when i get work i can work on site:thumbsup:.

Oh and i have got my first bit of work, parents have picked the tiles and now just waiting for the plumber to come in and take the shower off and i will be good to go.

cheers for all the help and advice, and i will put pictures on at the end (if it looks good of course:lol:)

OP
M

Mike

i take it you've applied for your operative s card and not expecting it because you ve passed your h & s test?

Reply to CSCS Card in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock