Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cscs Card - Tiling Cscs Card For Site Work in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all work still slow,i am thinking about getting a cscs card and going back on to site.Have the health&safety book read it and did alright,have not been on site since 1995 plus i am 40 this year and been tile 23 years.It was great back in the day but have heard diff storys that they want you in and out,how can you do a good job?it has to be that way for.:8:

OP
D

david campbell

Ahh must have changed over the weekend then because i work on lots of sites. Some are tighter than others but never been asked for anything more than my card.
In the same company i sub contract to now and again there are tilers without the card.....still working though.

it must be a lot tighter in scotland neale,because if you have no card you don't get on site probably due to the lack of work up here:thumbsup:

OP
G

Gazzer

it must be a lot tighter in scotland neale,because if you have no card you don't get on site probably due to the lack of work up here:thumbsup:
May be so, may be down to the building company. I know i was talking to a site agent recently and even he said "Its jobs for the boys" he also admitted to not knowing what was going on and that most of the other site agents were the same.
Personally i dont see the problem, a CSCS card is easy to obtain and the NVQ2 is too. What i do disagree with is that its us that have to pay a lot of money for a piece of paper.

OP
D

david campbell

i totally agree mate,there is talk of a new scheme coming in to replace the cscs idea in 2014 and guess who will need to stump up the cash again for some piece of paper that literally means nothing?

yes........us! while the companies all pay for management we have to pay to work.......shocking:incazzato:

OP
M

mikethetile

how do you stand if you sub contract to another tileing firm who already have the site work and they pay you not the site, do you still need h /s card , NVQ2 ect.
you must have a H&S card to work on site
in the past I havent had to show my card as they only need your cis card which has your ni number, they can use on the web to check if your H&S is valid
from this year you will have to physicaly produce your card at the induction

OP
G

Gazzer

i totally agree mate,there is talk of a new scheme coming in to replace the cscs idea in 2014 and guess who will need to stump up the cash again for some piece of paper that literally means nothing?

yes........us! while the companies all pay for management we have to pay to work.......shocking:incazzato:

The same site agent was telling me of how many extra staff they have had to take on for all the Method statement, CSCS etc etc
I wonder where the money comes from to pay them.......by cutting our rates i bet.

OP
D

david campbell

The same site agent was telling me of how many extra staff they have had to take on for all the Method statement, CSCS etc etc
I wonder where the money comes from to pay them.......by cutting our rates i bet.

if it was a bet it would be a racing cert:mad2:

OP
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I have a gold supervisors CSCS , but I have heard some horror stories. eg labourers with experienced workers cards, and time served tilers given site operative cards.:yikes: I don't want to change the subject, but I would love to see the kind of regulation in our industry that is in place for example in Australia. License's for every trade, If you step out of line your license can be revoked. Just my little quirk perhaps?:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

DHTiling

I have a gold supervisors CSCS , but I have heard some horror stories. eg labourers with experienced workers cards, and time served tilers given site operative cards.:yikes: I don't want to change the subject, but I would love to see the kind of regulation in our industry that is in place in for example in Australia. License's for every trade, If you step out of line your license can be revoked. Just my little quirk perhaps?:thumbsup:

Me too..:thumbsup:

OP
W

White Room

I take it this cscs and nvq 2 was sopposed to be in motion this year, sounds like another hash up

OP
G

Gazzer

I have a gold supervisors CSCS , but I have heard some horror stories. eg labourers with experienced workers cards, and time served tilers given site operative cards.:yikes: I don't want to change the subject, but I would love to see the kind of regulation in our industry that is in place for example in Australia. License's for every trade, If you step out of line your license can be revoked. Just my little quirk perhaps?:thumbsup:

yeah seen this too, one guy i have worked with recently passed his H&S test to obtain his CSCS card . When he called dthe number to get the card he was asked what card he wanted. He said he had been tile for 20 years so they gave him the experienced card without asking for a NVQ2.

OP
G

Gazzer

Indeed and cant see any other way for it to be sorted. :thumbsup:

OP
M

mikethetile

I too have a gold card

I couldnt agree more and the sooner the better

OP
P

Peter

First time we got our CSR (in NI) cards, the older boys in our squad got gold cards due to their age/time. Think the criteria was NVQL3 or x years in the trade.

Reply to Cscs Card - Tiling Cscs Card For Site Work in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock