Discuss Cscs Card - Tiling Cscs Card For Site Work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

marky

Hi all work still slow,i am thinking about getting a cscs card and going back on to site.Have the health&safety book read it and did alright,have not been on site since 1995 plus i am 40 this year and been tiling 23 years.It was great back in the day but have heard diff storys that they want you in and out,how can you do a good job?it has to be that way for.:8:

S

Spud

you will find things alot different from 15 years ago mate, its all gone a bit health and safety crazy ,good luck ,lets us know how you get on :thumbsup:

S

Stan001

Im no expert but i think a standard CSCS card is just your health and safety, you wont be allowed to tile on site with it! You need a CSCS card with wall and floor tiling on the back, to get that you need to pass your NVQ2

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Im no expert but i think a standard CSCS card is just your health and safety, you wont be allowed to tile on site with it! You need a CSCS card with wall and floor tiling on the back, to get that you need to pass your NVQ2

As long as you are going through asesment and can prove it they will let you on site. Most will let you on anyway.

G

Gazzer

... i didnt know that bit. thx

I would just clarify that they shouldnt let you on site but they just want the job done. Most of the time site agents dont know anything about this matter, they just want to get you through induction and back to their cup of tea.

D

diamondtiling

I would just clarify that they shouldnt let you on site but they just want the job done. Most of the time site agents dont know anything about this matter, they just want to get you through induction and back to their cup of tea.

In the induction you will be asked for your relevant details, method statements, copy of public liability, cscs card which will state your trade, without these you will not be allowed to work on site.
Not sure how you can be payed without one?

M

mikethetile

you have different kinds of cscs card, the basic card is a h&s card and will let you on a site supervised but wont allow you to practise any trade or carry out any unsupervised work,

the next up is experianced worker and is valid for one year only and wont be renewed unless you are in continous assesment

the next up is qualified tradesman and has to be renewed bi annually by retaking the H&S test

then you have the gold card for supervisors and advanced craft tradesmen which is valid for five yrs but cant be renewed unless a H&S test has been taken in the previous two yrs

the platinum card has gone and management now have a black card

this is of 2010 , theres been a lot of changes this year, ive just renewed mine last week and was told of the changes

M

marky

Hi guys thankyou all for your feed back it all sounds like alot to take in,i will give it alot of thougth but am still thinking of getting out of it,but the decision is hard when thats all you know,but i am still smiling:smilewinkgrin:

D

david campbell

As long as you are going through asesment and can prove it they will let you on site. Most will let you on anyway.

not anymore,i done my cscs card before xmas brcause i was getting a bit of site work and no site will entertain you with out having the card,1 site wouldn't even let me on with the pass paper until they phoned for confirmation i sent away for the card!

it is really simple,just lots of H&S and i would recommend having it because you never know who will offer you work:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

not anymore,i done my cscs card before xmas brcause i was getting a bit of site work and no site will entertain you with out having the card,1 site wouldn't even let me on with the pass paper until they phoned for confirmation i sent away for the card!

it is really simple,just lots of H&S and i would recommend having it because you never know who will offer you work:thumbsup:

Ahh must have changed over the weekend then because i work on lots of sites. Some are tighter than others but never been asked for anything more than my card.
In the same company i sub contract to now and again there are tilers without the card.....still working though.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
how do you stand if you sub contract to another tileing firm who already have the site work and they pay you not the site, do you still need h /s card , NVQ2 ect.

G

Gazzer

how do you stand if you sub contract to another tileing firm who already have the site work and they pay you not the site, do you still need h /s card , NVQ2 ect.

you will still be required to have a cscs card and NVQ2 or in the process of obtaining the NVQ2.....well thats the theory

Reply to Cscs Card - Tiling Cscs Card For Site Work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks