Discuss Cordless angle grinders in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Who uses them exclusively for cutting? Is it worth the investment of £450 for a flex volt grinder??

T

Time's Ran Out

Surely only worth having if you do a lot of site work!
Just topped up with Dewalt tools.

D

Dumbo

Who uses them exclusively for cutting? Is it worth the investment of £450 for a flex volt grinder??
What battery kit do you use already . Most grinders are ok according to people I have spoke to but better of using higher ah batteries because apparently they rinse 3 ah batteries

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would ever pay 450 for anything dewalt get down to Ragley road and get a hilti ag125 your looking about £600 for the unit 2 5.2Ah batteries and a nice hilti box and basically a lifetime guarantee to fix for £80 or they replace it

L

LM

The Metabo is the next best thing after a Hilti, it's not actually that far behind to be honest and I prefer the shape of it.
I got a deal for WB 18 LTX BL 125 side switch brushless grinder - body only £150, with 2 x 5.5ah HD batteries and charger £331.25 excluding vat.

I

Ian

I've got the Dewalt cordless, and used it recently on a 3 metre splashback, 7 sockets and 2 L cuts round the window plus a couple of other small trimmings, used 2 full 4.0ah batteries and they were only ceramics. It has its uses but I wouldn't be using it on a full bathroom, you'd need 10 batteries per day

M

MTiler

I have a Makita cordless for site work (cutting mosaics), I also have a Metabo variable speed corded grinder.

Reply to Cordless angle grinders in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks