Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Concrete floor. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Was called in to look at a some floors in a very modern new house. The floor finish has been power floated to get a very smooth finish, and this is going to be the finished floor the client wants. Not polished just sealed with a matt sealer. The builder decided to seal it himself before cleaning the floor :yikes: He has now been thrown off the job due to loads of problems. I did a test patch on friday to see if i could remove the sealer & crap. I managed to get what the client wanted but if i get the job it will be a nightmare...:mad2: Crowborough floor 001.jpg Crowborough floor 002.jpg Crowborough floor 003.jpg Crowborough floor 005.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was meaning more about the finished look. Rusty steel, concrete walls etc. bit too modern for me. I like my cosy warm feeling houses.

Hope you get it. Looks to be a good one for you though a lot of elbow grease

Me too, you can't beat a roaring hot inglenook.....

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

It'll look horrible IMO but hey ho, the customers always right eh
isn't that just the case:incazzato:, where I'm working at the moment, my old next door neighbour, he's bought the double barn that was with the farm I used to live at, well floor space is at least 200m2 and it's all been wet bourne ufh, kingspan and screeded,,,guess what's missing?

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Do Agila do a matt sealer to use on their floors do yo know Ajax?

No mate.... You would need to source that yourself.... Not sure where from unfortunately. Don't know if a standard stone sealer would work or not.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
isn't that just the case:incazzato:, where I'm working at the moment, my old next door neighbour, he's bought the double barn that was with the farm I used to live at, well floor space is at least 200m2 and it's all been wet bourne ufh, kingspan and screeded,,,guess what's missing?

hmmm..... A good tiler??

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

hmmm..... A good tiler??
he wants to tile it himself Alan, I'm down there plastering....but obviously and without trying to sound patronising to him, you tend to add your tuppence worth...a hint, there's perimeter expansion joints....

OP
E

enduro

Ummm. didnt see any...opps another **** up!! it has wet underfloor heating in the screed..I wont be cutting expansion joints in the floor!!

OP
D

DHTiling

Ummm. didnt see any...opps another **** up!! it has wet underfloor heating in the screed..I wont be cutting expansion joints in the floor!!

Agilia is pourable cement based screed and deffo has joint at max 3 mtr intervals.. :) >>>>
Bay sizes
Unheated screeds – the joints should be cut at 40 x depth of the slab, in
mm e.g. at 75mm thick, 40 x 75 = 3000mm = 3m. Cut at 3m x 3m

http://www.lafarge.co.uk/AandCReadymix/Agilia Screed 10 Datasheet.pdf

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Do you mean "should have joints" dave.... Not seen too many of them in my time...

Reply to Concrete floor. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock